Realizations - Eomér (request)

Start from the beginning

Aragorn gently grabbed your hands but you took a step back, causing Eomer to stiffen. If there was any sign that he needed to step in, he would do it in a heartbeat. But it seemed the situation didn't require it as after you had pulled your hands free from Aragorn's hold, you curtsied t him stiffly and then the two of you went your separate ways.

Eomer let out a breath of relief that something had seemed to gone wrong between you and Aragorn. He felt horrible about feeling this way, but he didn't think he could bear the thought of you in someone else's arms. His feelings of relief were pushed aside when he noticed you making your way through the crowd hastily. Eomer could see the tears in your eyes and heard you sniffle, and his heart felt cold. He would tear the norther ranger apart if he had done something to distress you, never mind that he was the true king of Gondor. He stood up and hurried after you, following you to your room as that was the place you went when you were not feeling well.

- -

BACK TO YOUR POV

You didn't expect it to hurt this much, but after being rejected time after time after time, your limit had been reached and you slumped onto your bed into a crying heap. It seemed like everyone praised your beauty, but every time you allowed them to come and converse with you more deeply, they disappeared. Perhaps that was the reason the whole ordeal with Aragorn hurt so much. You had allowed him closer, and he had joined you, only to drop the fact that he was taken upon your head. It wasn't his fault but that didn't make the hurt go away.

"Y/N?" Your door creaked open and you lifted your eyes to see who it was. Your red and puffy eyes met Eomer's but dropped back at your lap. Eomer immediately entered your room, closing the door behind him and hurried next to you on the bed.
"What's wrong?" He knew what was wrong, or at least mostly, but he didn't want you to know that he had been keeping an eye on you for the most part of the evening.
"N-nothing." You muttered, trying to keep your voice even, fighting to hide the turmoil of emotions that raged inside you.
"Y/N, I saw you run here, clearly distressed, and when I come here, I find you crying. Something is definitely wrong." You sighed, your breath hitching, and you lifted your eyes to his. As your glossy E/C eyes met his brown ones, you collapsed into tears, falling against his shoulder as yours shook with your cries. Eomer was caught off guard when you suddenly just fell against him, but catched you with ease and wrapped his arms around you gently, holding you against him.

It took you quite a while to calm down, and you were hiccuping and wiping the tears off your face in his gentle hold for a while before you could form words.
"What is wrong with me, why doesn't anyone want me?" Your voice sounded so defeated, Eomer was lost for words for a while. You slowly pushed yourself up from his hold and settled to sit next to him, your eyes tightly at your hands again.
"Why do you ask such a thing?" He was shocked, not fully comprehending the situation. How could you not see how perfect you were?
"Everyone I allow close to me showers me with compliments but then they just vanish, leaving me all alone. Is there something so horribly wrong with me that they don't want to spend time with me?" Your voice turned into a wail and you buried your face in your hands as the tears started flowing down your cheeks yet again.
"There is nothing wrong with you, Y/N. You are perfect." Eomer gently pulled you into a hug, and you exhaled slowly, trying to stop the tears from falling.
"Then why doesn't anyone love me?" You asked, voice flat. Eomer didn't think for a second before he answered you.
"I love you."

There was a deafening silence after his words.
"W-what?" You were stunned, you could barely form words.
"I love you. I have loved you since we were teens." You lifted your eyes to meet his yet again, and his eyes seemed glossy as he returned your gaze.
"Me? You love me?" You asked, still trying to wrap your head around the situation.
"I have loved you for s-so long." He muttered, his voice breaking at the end of the sentence.
"Why didn't you tell me?" You whispered, trying to understand why he had hidden his feelings for all there years.
"I tried giving you hints. I didn't want to complicate things with a direct confession." You stared at him for a moment and gasped as you realized what he meant. The roses he had given you, one every Saturday. The occasional poems and ballads, the sweet compliments whispered at banquets and feasts.
"I've been so stupid." You muttered, running your hands through your hair and then covering your face with them.
"No, you haven't." Eomer tried to console you, but your head shot up.
"Yes, I have! How could I have not seen that the thing I needed the most was right next to me all along?" Your voice was raised, and you looked at him, exasperated and without thinking, you smashed your lips to his.

When there was no response, you hastily pulled away and shuffled away from him, muttering.
"Oh, I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over m-." You were cut off as he wrapped his arms around your waist and yanked you to his chest, connecting his lips with your in the process. It was your turn to be stunned, but you melted into the kiss soon enough and savored the feeling of his lips against yours. Your hands wrapped around his neck to pull him closer and his beard scratched your face lightly, but it was a rather pleasant feeling.

You parted from the kiss, panting, and red-faced but remained so that your noses touched.
"Never apologize for kissing me," Eomer muttered, his lips brushing against yours. Your blush deepened and you let your head drop to his chest, that was familiar yet different.
"What happens now?" You asked, and he rested his chin on your head, wrapping his arms around you tightly.
"I don't know. What do you want to happen?" He asked, and you lifted your head so you were facing him.
"I don't really care. As long as I can stay with you." You muttered, dropping your head to his chest again. He wrapped his arms around you and lifted you up, making you squeal as you landed on his lap. His arms wrapped around you tightly and you felt his lips on your forehead.
"I don't plan on ever letting you go in this life."

Oh lord, I don't know why I had so many issues writing this, I just did. But it's done now and I like how it turned out!