69

"Bazel!" Matilda looked at him. "Why are you ignoring me?"  tears escaped from her eyes. "Have you any idea what had happened to me?" Bazel looked at his files. "I'm asking you to look at me!" She raised her voice. "I ditched everything for you and you are being cold to me." 

Bazel stood up, straight as a pencil, his face dark, he looked at her. He slowly walked towards her. "I never promised to marry you. It's not me who you wan't. I'ts my fame, my money that smells pleasing." Matilda looked at him shocked. "I love you!" "I didn't asked you for it. Imagine, how many girls walk in and out of my room, how many ditched their husbands for this piece of paper, just for a life."

"Were you playing with me?" She looked at him with tears in her eyes. "I have a better reason!" 

"May, 18th, someone really dear to me gave her life. And while she was in the battle of life and death, you both were enjoying your wedding. You played very nicely. Zen made a game you were his first choice he wanted you to win so the winner took it all. She lost and you all killed her. I made the game, my rules, my play." He smirked. He looked at her with witty eyes. 

"You got my answer, now leave." Bazel walked away. 

Matilda's legs trembled. "How could you.." She yelled in heart ache. Her voice echoed in the room. She stood up as she wiped her eyes, she walked out. Her feet bare leaving bloody traces, her clothes ripped, she was a mess. She walked in the busy street the drivers bad mouthing her. The car horned her, she stood there like a frozen statue, till it flipped her miles away. She laid there in her blood pool, bones broken eyes filling with blood from her head. She sighed. "Why me."

*********************

Every night I have this dream that I am in a cottage with Naomi as my wife, the same scene playing over and over, we having a breakfast and a romantic dinner afterwards. Life is just so beautiful and then I hunt her with a knife in my hand. I stood their and she hides next to me and the time stops and she looks at me saying I killed her. I am having sleepless nights. "You should see a psychologist." He looked at his friend with pale face. "Look at your face Zen! you keep forgetting things, I'm afraid for your mental health, you start comparing things, you laugh its like you are seeing something. "Look!" Zen pointed. "She is staring at me, from the next table." "Zen!" We should see a doctor." His friend looked at him.

Zen took out his phone. "I want to know, where she is." He dialed the number. "Hello" said the girl on the line. "It's me Zen! can I talk to Naomi!" "Oh, it's you. You can't." "Why?" He asked. 

"She is dead!" Zen froze in his posture. His ears were whistling. "You were too busy to know!" Angela dropped the line.  

Zen walked home, his body worn out. "That's why I have been seeing her?" He opened the door, it was a mess of his shattered dreams. He walked to his wardrobe. He looked at the letters. He leaned on the side. His heart ached. As if something left a hole in there to bleed.

"Zen called." Angela looked at Bazel.

 "He must be miserable." 

"I don't think so."  She replied.

Life could have been different. There is nothing in this world that cannot be settled, sometimes we are so blind at our own mistakes that we make decisions, hurt people with our words that we don't mean. "You could have stopped yourself." Bazel sat on Naomi's study table. It's time, he looked at her things. 

"I'm waiting for you here." Bazel said on the line.