13

The guy who made these sounds as if he is wearing heels. The guy who had been following me.

No, it must be. It has to be a misunderstanding.

Leah! I called her as it was a Saturday morning. The sun was high, the sky was as clear as a crystal yet the blues pondered my heart.

"I ringed you twice. Leah you should pick your damn phone, people might need your 100$ advice."

"I think we have been caught."

"Slow down. What are you saying."

"About that Leah!"

"Were you caught Naomi?"

"Zen had just sent me my picture the other day and I was good as dead."

"I asked him if there is a girl he likes and he showed me a picture. I freaked out."

"He had been giving me these glazes. I do not know what am I saying."

"I'm having a second opinion."

"He is very sharp, he is a play boy. From the first day he interrogated like an FBI so you can sense how smart he is."

My head is a battlefield and he is like an enemy with a loaded gun.

"Are you going to tell him now?"

"Is there any other option?" I answered.

"Leah! I cannot do this any longer, I did this for fun but" I paused. "The more we talk, the more I feel connected to him. We are creating a comfort zone. We share emotions and that bonding is like an addiction if either side leaves it will hurt. We are not friends. Zen and I, but there is something I'm fond of and that is I'm unaware of."

"Now, you see he knows it. Right from the start."

"Ye..yeah." Leah said.

"I'm hanging up. I'm telling him now."

"I'm sorry." Leah said.

"About what?" I asked.

"Just this and that." Leah muttered.

"You are at it again. The miss Indian drama queen."  I laughed.

"Zen!"

"This girl you are talking about is me."

"Now that I have told you does not mean that you will start pretending to be anyone." He said.

"If you don't want to believe, there is no forcing it." I said pouting.

"I understand that we have talked once or thrice. But pretending to be her is too much don't you think?"

His words left his mouth and they landed like rocks over my head.

Why would I need to be someone else? Is he a psycho?

"Real people can prove because they don't have anything to hide."

"You can't be the girl I like." He replied.

"Are you worried that your impression on me might change things?"

"I'm certain this girl can't be you."

"I'm not here to justify. I just wanted to tell you the truth because all the hide and seek. I was so tired of someone freaking me out."

"Were you being stalked?" He added with an emoji.

"No I was chased by dogs."

"Here it's my ID card, now do you believe?"

One minute he read it. The other moment he disappeared.

Again. He had his way to make people think about him.

"I. He paused. Don't know what to say. The girl I was looking for came to me."

"The stalker I have been cursing on is finally caught. The guy who wears heels was you?"

"Heels?" He laughed.

I used to find two things really attractive in a man. His watch and his shoes. Better shoes take you at better places. But there was this guy his walk was like it sang. It interrupted my peace when he marched back and forth.

"Were you there near the lobby? Or at the library?"

"Are you still confirming?" I rolled my eyes.

"I need to go. Someone is waiting."

"For your curiosity someone in the night sky waits for me. Someone who left me alone in this world."