48

Zen looked at his watch. "There is still time." He started the engine and rode his bike.

"I told you! Didn't I?" Sam looked at me. "You were crying like a baby." He placed a finger under his eye bag and made a line with a crying expression.

"Stop!" I said teased.

"You are so in love with him. Take it slow."

"My breaks are failed and I'm too lazy to fix them."

"It's quite a day, right?" I looked at them.

They both were my family. I loved them both. They were like two headlights in my dark, if one would break down. I would get scared in the dark. Sam was like a brother from another women. Every time he treated me like a real sister. He loved Jess. I could tell.

Every time they fought and makeup like they never did. Sometimes, I felt like their mama Duck guiding them, helping them. When I felt lost, I looked at both of them. When my spirits would break they would lift me.

Whenever they asked me for help. I felt proud. Zen and I had many moments with them. Our portrait was incomplete without them.

Jess looked at me zooming in Zen's photos. "Oh! Look!" She snatched my phone as she ran.

"Oh! You were staring at him again."
I ran after her.

"Jess!"

She swiped the photos and saw how I was putting our pictures together. Every time he sent me his pictures I smiled at a digit increased in my phone.

"Jesssss!" I yelled.

"What are you girls doing?" Sam gave us the funny look.

"She snatched." I said catching my breath."My phone."

"Where are you?" Jess read out my messages.

She yelled again. "Your potato texted saying where are you."

Sam added. "Lost in her dreams of him."

"Yaa!" I yelled at both of them teasing me.

Jess twisted and fell down. I looked at her.

"See you were making.."

I looked at Jess and the sweats rolling down her sidelines.

"What happened?" I said trembling.

"Nothing"she said.

"Don't give me that look." I raged out.

"Did you had breakfast?"

Sam snapped. "She always misses her breakfast, lets go somewhere to eat."

"Good, idea."

I saw Zen sitting at the stairs. He looked like a prince from a fairy tale. His eyes were the most beautiful feature he was blessed with.

I looked at him, not getting enough of his features. I could draw him, even without looking.

"I am going to Jessie's dormitory to get a change of clothes. Wait for me." I paused and I repeated "wait for me please?"

"I too have some work, come here as soon as you are done."

I smiled, he sounded like a real boyfriend.

We rushed to the dormitory, Jess got a change of clothes our sizes were different so she gave me a scarf to cover my head.

Sam called twice. "What's the plan"

"We are getting ready."

This was our first time going out of the campus.

Sam texted Jess. "Zen says he is not coming."