10

"I woke up, recalling what we talked about last night, I thought I could never share my pain. It happened, we shared the past I was clinging onto. He took it." 

"Everything I hid from the world."

"Somehow, it felt what we shared was common."

"Well, its better that I come out clean. I can't entertain last night's conversation. I need to end this before I get in trouble, one massive annoying trouble."

"Leah! what are you doing?" I asked.

"Look, look." Leah said.

"The sky is clear. There are no signs of rain so far." I said staring at the glossy sky.

"Not over there Dora! look behind the bushes, its Zen!"

"Yeah, probably his another hookup." I answered.

"Why are we even standing there watching him being so euw in the morning." I said straitening my back.

Well its not the first time, I have seen him its his everyday routine. I mean he might have girls according to Monday, Tuesday,  and so on. Well that's one creative way of using your looks.

"Let's get a little close up." Leah said.

 I cleared my throat. "Leah we are not the only ones peeking here."

Leah rolled her eyes. "Yeah there are a lot of distractions let's go he is not our priority."

Glad! You caught the fish.

"Are you hungry?" Leah asked. 

I nodded. "Yes"

We walked to the café and I felt targeted. Rays from every pale face were staring at me. Was I being too extra? I questioned myself I felt my heart sinking in sand.

"Leah, is everyone staring at us?" I looked at her seriously.

"It's just in your head." She said looking at the menu.

We grabbed some fries as we took the near table.

"Leah where's Jess?"

"I think these fries are old." Leah said.

I arched my eyebrow. 

"What? They seriously are, just try them." 

"It tastes so bad." I replied.

"What's with that noise?"

I turned around, here he was the one with the catwalk, eyes that are hard to define any color they are, his wavy black hair fallen on his forehead like a shadow on the moon, well-built shoulders as if they are angry and arrogance lingering at the top of his nose. 

I started feeling my goosebumps turning into shards.

He took the table in front of me.

You don't possibly know who was the girl from last night? I looked into his eyes, looking for answers. No he can't I took a sigh. He looked at me. I lowered my gaze. I recalled, our eyes have met this instant.

I looked at him rather more secretly, he had so many hookups, but at the moment he was having a me time with food waiting to be settled in his stomach. His eyes were on his palate. He might be a picky eater. Well whatever suits his taste, the university just follows its own rules.

He enjoys being discussed. He held his head high, raised his lowered gaze, he had fine long curled lashes. His tiniest details were made without flaws. Yet his tongue was made for multipurpose.  For instance, stealing. I paused.  Why am I having a conversation about him? He smiled. He probably doesn't know I'm staring at him. I questioned, the error 404 in my head.  Right?  He looked at Leah while I was still staring at him perhaps like a target killer. I looked at the food on my plate. I felt like I'm being watched or glared at.

This feeling is not a feeling any longer its a mixture of uneasiness and fear. I looked at the table, he was gone. I looked around. I had to staisfy my comfort zone.

I saw him walking out of the cafe. Finally he was leaving.

I gave him one final look, "troublemaker". I murmured.

"Zen! You forgot the change."

He turned towards me as he smirked.

"Wait, is he being coy?"

My soul left my body, my organs were half screeching, he was playing with me. I felt being slapped on my both sides.

We left our table as we finished.  Leah hugged me as she went into her car. Now it was just me.

"I need to look for Jess."

I walked straight without thinking left and right may also coexist.

There was this sound following me. My instinct yelled at me "turn around". Just a peek, my curiosity was hungry.

Zen?

You are kidding me right?
Yeah, I'm being funny. I glared him with my overlapping questions.

I can't play with him, he probably knows who I am. He is just playing the fool here.

I had to tell him.

Eyes down, staring at stains on the floor.

Am I doing it the right way?

I sat in an open sky. Somewhere curled inside, in a corner left alone in pure darkness.

Zen!
Someone yelled. I paused.

"I'm leaving. I can't help you with this one." Zen said putting on his helmet.

"What is the time?"

Zen looked at his right wrist. "Moustaches smiling at 5."
He replied.

I looked at him and he gave me "Mind your own business look."

I turned around as I walked faster and further, till he became smaller and shorter.

He had multiple personality syndrome.

When he spoke in public it was like winter wind rustling, when he was alone, he was like an investigator or some kind of abracadabra that loves to spell minds.

"The bus is here, Naomi."

"It had been waiting." I replied to her.

I wish buses could be more fun.

I sit near the window. And I have to fight my way in to sit in a place like this.

Now, I can finally be at ease. Zen Morrison is not going to haunt me or linger over the clouds of my imagination.