39

It was almost midnight.

Zen sent a picture.

"Happy Valentine's day."

I called him as the audience was all over me looking at my phone.

"Hi"

"Hi" his voice was heavier.

"It's Valentine's day so, will you be my Valentine?" Zen asked.

The girls did a long O.

He must be really shy right now. His cheeks would be so red. And he would be holding his head down. Looking at something and smiling.

"Yes!" I said shyly.

He paused as he said in his mother tongue. "Za ta sare meena kom."
(I love you.)

There was the first time when Andrew said this to me and like an arrow these three words hit my heart and so after years nothing penetrated my heart.

Then it was this guy, I swore would be my last.

These words didn't just went in my heart they did miracles, they made me so happy that my eyes became glossy.

If he was near my sight, I would have abandoned everything, and rush in his arms, hug him so tight and confess.

"If you can count the droplets of rain then know it this much I love you and even beyond stars in milky way."

I replied him.  "Za ta dera dera meena kom, zama kukhli janai"

(I love you so so much my lover)

"I will teach you some words so that when you talk to my mom you know how to respond." Zen said.

"Za Shado yam. He said, repeat after me."

I followed him. "Za Shado yam."
He said this means. "I can cook."

"I want you to learn them daily." Said Zen.

Even at the moment I repeated it 100 times over to memorize.

"Za ta kar na yam." This too.

"This means, I am good at everything."

I was a quick learner so I learned them.

It was strange how he said only Naomi would learn them.

We talked till 3:00 am and his voice started fading.

It was the same guy, who woke for hours and slept after morning prayers. But everytime, he was with me, he told me. I feel this comfort with you and all things just fade.

*********

"Panda" Zen texted in the morning.

"I"

"Love"

He waited after sending those messages.

"U" I texted him. But not long after he texted.

"Chicken."

My eyes rolled and blood boiled. I was getting possessive because I wanted him all for me. Because I was doing the same for him.

"I"

"Love" I knew how to get back with the bloody chicken.

"Wonho" I typed.

I turned my phone down smirking in playfulness.

"I hope it stings less."

I joked but never took them too far. Because when you love someone you never torture them.

I went upstairs when Zen called
The opening was with a pickup line. First time in a while he sang a song.

These were the most romantic lullabies. There were times I just looked at him from afar. He was everything I wanted. He was piece of my heart. That throbbed.

He was changing. All that I ever wanted, his effort, as much as I put for him so love is mutual and equal.

Listening him would make me feel like I was in his arms, my head on his chest and we are in a different world. Even this much would yell out to me.

"He does love me."

Love is not what I wanted alone, I wanted his commitment, his sincerity and loyalty. Because he might not know I was like a loyal dog who wiggled its tail, whenever its owner showed up.

I never looked at anyone, if anyone ever tried to come in between us, the fear of misunderstanding would let me tell each and everything to him. I never had secrets from him. He was at a point, where he knew everything. I always rechecked then double check if I had left things I have never told him. But I had nothing cause he knew everything, he was not just my love, he was my bestfriend.

He was like a journal. I poured my heart and soul into. As an introvert, I never told anyone what's going in my life but I wanted him to know everything about me, the way I live, things I do in my life.

I never wanted him to doubt my sincerity cause I always made sure, if I love something I had to keep it pure cause it is my responsibility to give him best quality of everything.

Because he deserved the best.

I missed him so much that everytime I was alone, or with anyone, I just had him. In my mind in my discussions. I just wanted him in everything I had.

Sometimes I would ask him to come and meet me. He would give me tiny hopes. But they all turned, jokes.

He loved teasing me. And I loved making him jealous.