57

"I can't believe you will do something like this Zen!" Matilda's hand trembled. Tears rolled down from her suffocated heart.

"Naomi sent me this."

"Just don't talk to me."

Zen pulled the brakes. His mental switch board was on fire.

Matilda knew him and so it was the right way to get rid of Naomi. Patience was her most powerful tool. She swore to Naomi that her stuff will be as safe as her own secret.

Its the rule of human nature, you can't tolerate the person you love flirting with anyone. Matilda, the holy person. A person so much true in her faith, she was indulged with someone she is not even married with. Portraying herself a saint the other side having feelings for a man, holding hands and all physical touch was a grave sin, coming holy verses from a girl who acted innocent was duality. And to be more precise what exactly could she love in Zen? Status? Appearance? A world where one can hardly get a bonus. And this was Zen's biggest tool. At day she covered herself on days when Zen was around, from head to toe, and some days she would wear fitted clothes, padded bras, her hips curved and her walk that made all men curious.

She enjoyed all the wordly material. She had a secure future. A man she used as a tool to jealous the world and a future she can enjoy without putting much fight. They say, a cause behind marriage will always end as a curse. 

She had a bright smile, all her wretchedness and patience was making her path more easy.

A holy person don't go on dates, don't let a man touch you, a true person to his faith in God is the one who never leaves a room for anyone. If she could do all the sins for her desires, she can do it for many men and many more. Suppose Zen could be a small desire and she has a desire even more powerful then him how much will she put up for?

A gossip went this way. "If you smile at her, she will smile back, if you give her a thing she will take and if you ask her for a thing she will give. She will confuse you as if she has an interest in you and sometimes make you feel it and in the end. When she is bored and the other gets serious to take the step ahead. She will fire at you for overstepping your boundaries."

Such folly debates cracked my head open. Religious people commiting sins? A concept that was high in society. I have seen people staying true to their faith. But never those who covered their heads and did romantic stuff. Beauty is when you cover yourself for good not for show. And by doing so, she was putting herself in competition to get a man. She is not to blame, every person put up a show.

Matilda betrayed her own promise, a girl who couldn't stay loyal to her own promises could be loyal to Zen. The power of great 'love.'

"Were you and Naomi were lovers?"

"What are you even saying?"

"Matilda, I never expected you to be like her. I thought we have a better understanding. You know, I'm yours and she can't have me these are just tricks to make you spill things. Look at them have I even said that I love her?

"What is this?" Zen texted Naomi. She looked at her phone. "This was not our agreement." Matilda betrayed her.

"Your true self!" Naomi was burning why burn alone? She wondered why not let him feel how does it feels to be betrayed, cheated on and harassed on.

"Forget the agreement!"

Take a good look at your own words.

She highlighted the abuses. She couldn't believe how well he treated her. It was like behind the scenes of the movie. People would reveal their true selves in.

One lie, I will believe you.

Words spilled out of him. He didn't knew, Naomi wished him to lie more than any other times he lied.

"She provoked me!"

Naomi's glass case shattered the one she hid the last piece in. Everything turning into dark black. The thing she feared the most.

"You cheater!" Her eyes wept in pain, too intense to even type, her eyes would weep without a break her cell phone was a mess.

She loved right to the wrong person. It was too late. Her faith in men disappeared. I don't want to hear from you or even know you.

She lived in a shell, she met one person she thought was her's but he was a lover of the world.

"You are blaming me. I will prove it to you. But mark it if I am right and you are wrong I will make you regret every second. Zen and Naomi are over! Remember the words you said!"

Naomi turned her phone off. She was lying on the couch like a body without soul, eyes opened tears falling from the sides, not even once her eyes blinked. No one knew if she was even breathing. Minutes after hours she lied in the same posture.

Her eyes were playing a script of the moments she had with him. Everything replayed. She hiding in a spot, she kissing her phone screen. Showing his pictures to her family and friends. Fighting to clear his bad name. She not been able to look in his eyes as she was always nervous. Every detail played randomly the special moments first.

Her nose started bleeding, she took her hand as she bit it. "I can't feel the pain." She hissed. "He said, I'm pure. He had faith in me. I lived everyday trying to live up to his expectations. "I must have done something wrong." He loved me. She yelled in pain. Her insides were empty and they made the loudest noises.

Someone who gave everything was lying on the couch. Her feelings were raped and she felt it was a nightmare. But it was happening in front of her eyes.

The blood trailed down from her chin to the floor one drop two drop. She must have loved him deeply and sincerely that it killed her inside. She laughed and she cried.

"These bitches." Zen held his head in his hands.

"You conspired along with Ann." 

"I told you, I had spread a trap for her."

I have told you again and again, why will I use you?"

"The owner of the fake ID's was her!"

"Those words you said me! I will never forget them!"

"You are also a pile of trash, they used you! now go to them! that's where you belong!"

Naomi's phone was hitting up with Zen spamming him, all of his tries to throw the blame, denying it with creating chaos.

She laughed. "Never once, I cared for dragging him in my zone. He was under the shower of my love. He said. I know what I want, for me you are like a dress, I want to have and that's my necessity." I don't get what you mean, I replied. "simply let me put it this way, the older the wine, the richer it tastes." By all he meant that, I was foolish enough not to understand the warning. He will never understand and he will never know what I meant for him, what I did for him, but he will always stand still on his believes. 

"I was stupid, I experimented in love and it exploded."

I did wrong but I never left my place, he did worse and like Ann said a year and he is done. 

Angela walked inside, it was dark now. She turned the knob. "Naomi" she called.  She lighted the room as she ran to her sister her heart trembled.

"What happened?" She looked at Naomi.

She pushed her. "Mom! She yelled. All the blood ripped her heart. "Oh God save her."

********
"What happened to her?"

"Cardiogenic shock!" The doctor replied.