68

"Sir, I had bad news." Zen's secretary sighed on the phone. "Sir Bazel has called off the investment, I'm afraid without his investment our business will meets its end." Zen banged his phone against the wall. He yelled. He loosed his tie. Everything in his life was already a mess. The flashbacks of the cheating Matilda broke his trust. He propped in a corner, held his head captive in his hands. His ears were hearing the chuckling of the girl who proposed him in the Ferris wheel. He stood up, walked unconsciously to his wardrobe, he looked at his white shirt, the one in which Naomi pulled him by his collar. The day he finally knew the answers what he felt for her. He told himself. "She was a crush, I liked but I was fooled." He stood in front of the mirror not knowing why things turned out a mess. He was loved so he lost the art of loving, he was afraid of loosing. Things kept in heart has less value when you can't deliver feelings to your partner and leave him thinking. He could have stopped those roots.

His head swirled in thoughts, his body was sweating bullets and head burning. He was too much grieved. Each second his eyes glued together, he saw a light, behind it two small hands reaching for his face cupping his cheeks. He sighed in pain. "It hurts!" His tears had a breakthrough. "I'm ripped in pieces." A girl in white dress was standing in a valley of roses. She smiled at him. He looked at her lips moving but too hard to read. His eyes closed. 

"Zen!" His vision was blur. He turned at the voice. "Where am I?" He looked at the pretty girl.

"Mind, if you help me hubby?" Zen smiled by the cute name. He walked out of the bed removed the curtains. "Where am I?" He whispered in the air. "Zen!" She looked at him face sightly tilted, temple coiled. "Ya!" she changed her tone. "I will break your legs." Zen laughed. He sneaked into his open kitchen in his pajamas. He looked at his wife as he back hugged her. "Are you sure this will not make my stomach upset?" She hit her with her elbow. "I can't pull this egg off." He looked at the egg yolk and some burned shells on the pan. He laughed. "Your place is here." He placed her on the counter. "I'll make it." He scratched his head. She looked at him and she peeked outside the house. It was a fancy cottage in the middle of woods, a small river rushing with its current. Cold temperature, clouds floating on the near mountains. The cottage was surrounded by mountains all around. "Zen!" He turned. "Hmm?" "Do you remember, when we use to have late night conversations, you told me you have to block your friends in order to talk to me and we would dream of this place  where you and I could live alone?" He smiled. "How could I forget?" "How did we end up together?"  Zen looked at her."

She looked at him a little longer before she opened her lips. "Don't you know?" "I." he doze off.

"It was right after your birthday, you kept making excuses for not seeing my parents and the day you could have talked it with your parents was like. I knew you. So I had it the rough way. I kidnapped you in your shorts and the next thing you knew was the papers in front of you. I was afraid if you might not do it so I had to also. Point a gun at your head. And that's how we got married." Zen looked at her. He laughed. "You did that?" 

"You said I am just words so I had to do something!" She laughed.

"Let's go for a walk after breakfast." She looked at him. "Before that I need my medicine." Zen looked at her as he shyly closed his eyes. "Why are you so clingy in the morning?" She laughed. He pouted. "Forget it!" She looked at him. "Aww my hubby just got embarrassed?" She jumped on his back. She placed kisses on his cheeks, he laughed. As he kissed her back. 

They both sat outside enjoying the view. "Breakfast is nice but amazing when its made by your husband." She looked at him. After breakfast, they both walked in the fields, climbed the trees, collect berries and sit by the river bay to see the sun going down. He sat on the biggest rock his wife leaning on his shoulder. "What day is today?" Zen asked. "May 18th." She replied. "Zen looked at the sky as he hissed. "It was September 1." She looked at him. "Let's go home, I will make dinner." They both held hands, fingers crossed and walked to their home. 

It was night, Zen looked at his wife cooking. "I will do the dishes." He smiled. "Thank you." She replied. "Can you give me the knife?" She looked at Zen. The next thing he saw, his wife in his arms, his hands covered in blood, the light black out. "Naomi!" He looked at her. He rubbed his eyes, he saw everything covered in blood pool, her hand prints with blood on the wall. He stood there as a shadow as he saw himself, with a knife in his hand and his wife hiding in corners. 

His hid next to her in the wardrobe, she couldn't see him, he told himself. The neck slowly turned the pretty face turned into a pale ghost as she smiled horribly at him."You killed me." She yelled at him. He felt his neck suffocating and running out of breath. His legs protested but he couldn't move. His lungs were on fire and he steamed up in temperature.

His eyes vividly opened, he was bathed in sweats. He looked at the watch, it was 3:00 am.