67

Wednesday night, Zen came home with beautiful pair of roses in his hands full of shopping bags and the brightest smile in two years.

"I realized I have treated you badly" He looked at his wife recalling his wrongdoings. He opened his arms to hug his wife, Matilda lightly pushed him. "Have I done something wrong?" He looked at her.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

"Let's go out for dinner." Zen looked at her.

"I just ate fifteen minutes ago."

"I am sorry. I know you are upset!"

He sat on the sofa. "Come, sit over my lap." Zen smiled. "Matilda ignored his intense stare. He flipped the box, aligned Matilda's hair on the other side. He took the diamond necklace out of the box, he had purchased from his salary.  He placed it on her neck.

"Happy wedding anniversary." Zen hissed in her ears.

Matilda forgot about it, she was glad he remembered but she had a change of heart.

Zen's phone ringed. "Wait" he looked at Matilda.

"What is it?" Matilda looked at him.

"Let me see it." He looked at her.

Zen waited to load it.

"I will get a change of clothes, then we will go out." Matilda smiled.

I thought you should receive a present on your anniversary. Here is my present. But to tell you, you wife was no pleasure at all. 🤫

"Your eyes are so beautiful!" This voice was of his wife.

"Matilda!" Zen walked in to the room as he shut the door vigorously.

"What is this!" He threw the phone on the bed.

Matilda sweated as she saw the clip.

"I can explain!" She added. "You know I can't be like this."

"You cheated me! I'm even embarrassed to look up at him undressing my wife."

"Who is he!" Zen yelled.

"I'm asking you who is he!" Zen's face turned red.

"I am going to kill you both! Get out of my house!"

"Where I will go at this hour!"

"To your boyfriend!"

"I know you don't mean it." Matilda tried to calm him.

"I am telling you to get lost!" The windows were shaking with the chaos.

Matilda's tears floated out in fear. She was kicked out, she had no money and no place to stay.

"Bazel!" She called him once and she called him twice. "He can't possibly betray me."

"Please call me! Its raining and I have no place to go."

Bazel looked at his phone as he smirked. His phone ringed continuously. She didn't knew him but she invited a stranger, she thought she knew.

"Bazel....Zen knew what happened between us. I don't know what will happen. I'm scared."

Bazel sat on his chair as he closed his eyes to focus on the sound of rain drops. You cannot sense anything from the grave.

Night is always dark and mysterious you can't sense shadows but only fears that keep you moving. The rain soaked her head to toe. She walked the empty streets, she looked at her phone. "Shit!" The battery was on the verge of dying. They say, what goes around comes around. Everyone is selfish for their greed but some sins cannot be compensated. Every sin has a price.

Matilda's steps went heavier, she walked miles. Few steps ahead she was in a dead end road, where champagne bottles were left abandoned. Plastic bags flying, trolling on the streets. It was like a dream she thought.

"What a babe is doing here?" A group of four drooled over her.

"What am I suppose to do!" Matilda panicked.

From their posture they were fat men quite of an age. One of them grabbed her hand. "Stop!" Matilda stepped back. The other of dark complexion sniffed her neck. "Don't come close to me!" She said disgusted. The other with short height grabbed her by her waist as he pressed against her butt. Matilda yelled in shame. "Let go of me!" She protested. No holy words could save her no sweet chirping. Her eyes were filled with tears. They roughly threw her on the road. One man held her arms the other held her legs apart. "Save me!" Sweat was rushing and lips were trembling. She twisted her wrist that was ghly grabbed. She looked at them with a pale face. The white guy ripped her shirt. They slowly ripped each piece of fabric that was covering her body. "Don't" she moaned before one of them unbuckled his pants. "I can give you money! Just let go of me." The guy over her smirked. "We want you." She yelled for one last time. "Please no!" 

*********

I loved another person, but married the other. We never understood each other, if only we could have spoken our hearts out. Zen recalled that smile, those eyes. He knew her, when you love someone, you forgive their flaws but when you start disliking everything turns over and everything looks like the opposite of everything. She told me things I never expected from her and I disliked her even more than that she kept doing things, she kept using a foul language. I thought I will forgive, but  I just couldn't accept it. She said she will propose someone, give him my place. And I raged out, "I will show her who will be the pearl of the King's crown. " Zen couldn't realize that a person took over by anger is not himself at all, he had been at that place but it was okay if it was him who did that but, unforgivable sin the other did it. 

We all suffer from the consequences of wrong decisions. Sometimes we ate the food that looks delicious that is rather not and the messy palate is just what our buds wanted to eat. Zen looked at the letters she once poured her out in, it was like the finest quality wine she gave him. No one did things for him, everyone did a copyright to make him feel special . She never copied things but did things out of her imagination. She was like a dynamite, a little fire could make her angry enough to rush to the sky to show the pop ups. She knew all of things, were wrong to her and her rules but she loved him and that was her weakest part.