18

Love is all in the air, the spring I relate to. I hope my love never faces winter.

Jess added. Meeting Sam was either fate or my own destiny but I love the play of nature. I have never been so in love than this. Why not, his man was the most intellectual one with such profound grades through the semester and of looks he was very much handsome. Many girls had wished to get his attention yet Jess was not any girl to compliment his looks. She was like a shooting star among the steady statues of the night sky.

Exchanging numbers was first. Now the very hard part was and had been greeting parents.

The other day, I all panicked and confused called my soul sister. Naomi. To get her opinion was what I was hungry for.

Matter was pretty serious.

What should be done, as I had no experience with love or guys.

"I will not suggest you the wrong way but the straight road will be quite bumpy." Said Naomi.

"Either way. I want him." I said.

To tell how I feel was, absolutely devastating. People were putting us in a dirty broken frame where we looked like an old rusty miniature. If love is as bad as sin, than I will commit it over a thousand times for this one.

"Ask me, if for my opinion. I would suggest: ask Sam to meet your mom in person. You need to get one approval atleast. Dad will be last one."

"I am scared. What will mom think of me?"

"Love needs price, so its your price. Just pay and have him."

"Can I make it?"

"Ofcourse, you are a leo. My love. Leo rules."

I jumped on my mattress, the clock was marching with a whole army shooting sweat over my forehead. It was the time. When mom calls. I was just another sizzling meat in the pan.

I lacked guts. But, I needed to differentiate, what is my first priority. Sam. I nodded.

Another beat on the clock and the phone ringed.

We had those mother, daughter jargons.

"Mom, there is something. I-I want you to know."

"Go on."

"I have been dating this guy. I mean not dating. We are friends."

"And?"

"We kind of, little. Like each other."

"So, you want me to meet him?"

"How do you know?"

"I gave birth to you. I know you my angel."

"Tell him to meet me. I will be in town a day or two."

I balled my fist. Happily enjoying poppers popping in my heart.

"Love you mom."

"Sam! Mom wants to meet you."

"Not really."

"What do you mean?"

"I am not ready, Jess."

"I gear my courage, tell my mother. I freaking like this guy, who I think highly of. And he is no better than a coward?"

"I am sorry!"

"Were you a cheat?" I added.

"I am just not ready yet." He shrugged.

"You are just shameless."

All tears gathering under the black pool of my eye. I picked up my phone.

"Naomi. I cried. Its all over."

"Slowly. Tell me one after another what had happened."

"I called mom like you suggested. Sam told me he would be fine to greet my mom. But he said he cannot do it. Why?" I cried.

"Its.. all over."

"What is done cannot be changed."
"Trust me." Naomi said.

"Once you have taken a hard step, have patience."

*********************************

"What is this Zen?" I asked.

"You always taunted me, for not having any talents."

"So, you wish me to see this, fragments of your nonexistent talent?" I laughed.

"Go, on."

Loading.....

Unfamiliar tone, soft with the melody, quick with the fingers. It was this guitar. Quite a romanticist. He was. For the rarest time, I had seen his smile blooming like roses. I guess this was far most his most successful flattery. The feels of that guitar gave off a different feeling. For the first time. I had to question. Do I really have a thing for him?

I laid down turned to face the window from where the sun tip toes in my room. I feel it, maybe. I am stubborn to admit. I do, feel this thing that draws me towards him.