Jason nodded and they both left.

"Are you sure sending them away is the right decision?" Alexei asked.

"No. But for now that is what is happening. I want them to be accompanied by Natasha and Paul."

"You want them to be accompanied by vampires." Dmitri asked surprised.

"Aren't they your protégée? And didn't you tell me that you will trust them with your life. Now I want to trust them with my family. I trust you and if you trust them, I will be sure my family will be in good hands." Valerie replied.

Alexei and Dmitri shared a look and then both nodded.

"Okay, I will ask them to accompany them." Dmitri replied and he left the office to talk to them.

"Can you please hold me Lexi?" Valerie asked once Dmitri left. She suddenly felt tired and scared.

The question took him by surprise but still he nodded and embraced Valerie. She sighed and tightened the hug.

"I am scared Alexei. Terrified that I will loose the people I love. I wanted to send Kevin away too but he is next in line. If something happened to me I want him to present here to protect our people."

Alexei rubbed her back in soothing way and kissed the top of her head. He did not feel any lust for her in that very moment, rather he felt contented. She needed a friend to lean on and he was there for her. He promised himself that he will always be there for her in every thick and thin. If not, as her mate or lover then as a friend or mentor.

Alexei tightened the embrace and spoke."Nothing will happen to you. You are brave, strong, confident and lethal. Besides you have me, Dmitri and Cayden with you. Your soldiers are fiercely loyal to you. You have two loyal commandments Dominic and Jason at your disposal who will do anything to protect you, specially Dominic. You have a powerful witch and equally powerful Oracle. Odds are with us. Don't forget Randall is just a human who is stronger because of a witch. You on the other hand are a powerful alpha. Never doubt your abilities."

Valerie felt a sudden surge of confidence. She moved out of his embrace and looked directly in his eyes. "Thank you. You said all the right things and gave me sudden confidence that I was in dire need of."

Alexei smiled and replied. "What are friends for?"

***********************

Cayden on the other hand was talking with his Oracle April.

"I don't know what is causing sudden power but I can feel it. Oracles can feel sudden surge of this much power if they are engaging themselves in something passionate. She can be of good use to both the packs. I would like to talk to Flora personally."

"So you are telling me either Flora is in love deeply or having a wild sex that is making her powerful and you are able to feel her powers."

"Believe me alpha. If two Oracles are present in same vicinity they can feel others powers."

"You want me to ask Valerie if her oracle is having good sex." Cayden asked. "You must be kidding April."

"Let me go. I will talk to alpha Valerie and ask her the permission to talk to her Oracle. We can use her powers in such times."

"Fine, do whatever you want to do. But don't cross any boundaries. We are not currently in a good position with the alpha." Cayden replied.

"I know. I will do my best to be discreet and subtle." April suggested.

April has just left Cayden's office when Ryder entered.

"Scarlett contacted me." Ryder told Cayden.

"And?" Cayden asked hopefully.

"She has quite lot information for us. All she managed to tell me that Randall will be using dark magic and spells. He is targeting particularly Valerie and her pack. He has come to know that Valerie is the granddaughter of George Jackson. She told me that George and Randall were nemesis. Sofia was Randall's lover but he was very abusive and she managed to escape him. Then she met George and she turned out to be his mate. They lived happily for a year or two before Randall found out her whereabouts. He kidnapped Sofia and raped her and then almost killed her before George came for her rescue. She succumbed to her injuries and died."

Cayden nodded. "How come Valerie never told me this important information?"

"Now he is after Valerie. His hatred for werewolves was born from there. He knows who Valerie is and he wanted to destroy her and her clan once and for all. Scarlett was not able to inform me much. She has given me a meeting point far from prying human eyes. I am meeting her tonight. Hopefully we will come to know more of Randall's strategies."

"Good work both of you." Cayden appreciated him.

"Has the human talked?" Cayden asked. "I haven't told Valerie or anyone else that I captured a hunter from the warehouse that day. It's been a week and you are not able to get out anything from him. Do whatever you have to do but I need the information."

"Yes Alpha." Ryder replied.

Cayden nodded. "I want mom, dad and my sister back here in the pack. Call them from the vacations and tell them it is urgent. I want them in front of my eyes. Our pack is not the direct target but we will be once Randall comes to know that I am Valerie's mate. He is taking Valerie for a weak alpha due to her gender and I think that will be our strong point in surprising him. I want everything perfect for whenever he will attack."

"Sure alpha. I will go and check everything and will send a message to your family as well."

When Ryder left Cayden decided to call Valerie. Her phone rang but she did not pick up, he was about to hang up when suddenly Alexei picked up her cell causing Cayden's blood to boil.

We are almost approaching end.

How was the chapter let me know in the comments.

Show your support by voting. Hit that star button please. :)