77.

"vitani!" kierra cried, throwing open the door to the room where her sister was sleeping. vitani looked up as the ship rocked, water splashing and landing on kierra.

"we're in the yugga current! we need all the help we can get to stop these whirlpools from devouring the ship!" she yelled as eos and zeze moved into the room. vitani rose and stepped out, kierra raising a rock wall that the water crashed into.

"geez." vitani scowled, throwing one of kierra's stone barriers into the air where the violent current was aiming for the sunny. it exploded at the force of the water, splashing down on them.

"it's the red line!" luffy yelled. kierra turned and stared at the large red wall, beaming faintly. nami moved the ship up one of the currents, franky firing a coup de burst so they soared in the air. they flew from the storm and landed in the calm water, luffy snickering as he approached the red line.

"we made it!" he beamed.

"it's huge! i can't even see the top!" chopper whispered.

"at any rate, we've reached the halfway point! i'm glad we've made it this far without losing anyone! all we have to do is travel halfway across the world. and when we do, i'll be king of the pirates!" luffy snickered.

"we need to be extremely careful. this is right next to navy headquarters and the holy land of marie." nami advised as vitani yawned.

kierra stepped forward, standing on the rail of the ship. rocks extended from the water, kierra leaping down. she balanced on one uneasily before approaching the wall. she pressed her hand against it and hummed, running it across.

"what's wrong with it?" vitani hummed as kierra turned.

"i was thinking, maybe i could be able to move it but it's not typical earth elementals." she leapt back up onto the ship, franky catching her arm so she wouldn't fall.

"so you can't move it?" sanji hummed as she shook her head.

"no, i'm sorry." she smiled nervously.

"don't sweat it, we sent luffy to look around, i'm sure we'll find someway threw." franky assured as vitani and kierra blinked.

"you sent...luffy?" vitani whispered.

"yeah...-" vitani shook franky's shoulders.

"are you crazy?!"

"brook's down there too, don't worry!" usopp yelled as vitani leapt down from him. "and robin."

"you sent three devil fruit users underwater?!" she cried.

"don't worry!" nami insisted. vitani sighed, and walked past sanji as he handed her and kierra a tart.

"thank you." kierra beamed, sitting down against the tree. she looked up as luffy, robin and brook broke surface in the submarine.

a large sea-monster leapt from the sea, luffy yelling out.

"woah it's a monster!" he cried as it leaned it's head back and roared.

"luffy let me handle it, please let me handle it!" kierra leapt up, tossing her tart to vitani as she jumped up. she kicked the monster in his neck so it coughed up two figures, landing gracefully beside nami and usopp.

"10 out of 10 landing." usopp clapped. she bowed.

"thank you, thank you.."  kierra looked up at the silhouette as it cried out, vitani humming.

"a fish?"

"a girl?" usopp corrected.

"hell yes!" sanji yelled, opening his arms as the mermaid crashed into him.

"i made it!" her starfish companion landed infront of vitani.

"you saved us." the mermaid whispered, suddenly cheering. "wow that was a lot of fun!"

"yeah it was a blast! in fact i had so much fun i could have jumped right back into his mouth! now, can you tell me why you didn't run away front that thing when you saw it?!" the starfish scowled.

"well, that's the thing i kinda didn't see it..."

"of course not, it's not like it was freaking huge or anything!" he snapped back sarcastically. "maybe you haven't noticed but you've got a little something under your tail there."

she screamed, shaking sanji as vitani and kierra exchanged a glance.

"geez, i hate mermaids." vitani admitted.

"they're so...airheaded." kierra turned and smirked. "okay, but i know you saw the way i kicked that sea-monster's ass!"

"technically, you kicked it's neck."

"but still!" kierra insisted as the mermaid screamed.

"vitani!" she cried. "kierra!"

"see what i mean?" vitani muttered to usopp.

"geez, if we wanted to filet you into a fish sandwich we would have done it by now." kierra beamed as she screamed.

"they're gonna eat me!" she cried.

"don't scare her!" nami hit their heads. vitani huffed and rubbed her head, kierra rolling her eyes.

"okay, okay we won't!" she snapped.

vitani looked up at the starfish as he explained his ability to talk, sighing.

"so they want to be fashion designers?" vitani murmured. cammie pulled out a transponder snail to call her friend hatchan, listening to a voice yell back.

"listen this is macro from the big dumb macro gang."

"what are you doing with hatchan's transponder snail?"

"we beat him up and took his snail." he huffed back.

camie spoke to luffy briefly before waddling to the edge of the ship and yelling out a "hey". many fish broke the surface as she yelled, "we need directions from you!"

the sunny followed the fish's trail, vitani taking her seat once more.

"i get a bad feeling about this." she admitted as kierra finished her tart.

"don't tell me you're scared." she mused, vitani shaking her head.

"no!" she huffed. "it isn't that... i had a dream. about...dad."

"you what?!" kierra snapped as she shushed her.

"he warned me about our uncle..Amari?"

"we have an uncle?" kierra whispered as she shrugged.

"he said something about the moon. and ever since, i haven't been able to get it off my mind...we should tell ma."

"i wish we could but we can't. the whistle..it's gone."

"you couldn't find it?!" vitani whispered as kierra shook her head sadly.

"no, i'm sorry." she shook her head. vitani closed her eyes as brook played his violin, looking up.

"look it's the flying fish riders!" the starfish yelled.

"they're on the skies not the sea! look up!" cammie yelled, vitani drawing her bow.

"damnit, attacking us head on?!" franky yelled.

"they're dropping bombs!" zoro gritted as kierra lifted up mud and kicked it to cover the bomb explosion. vitani fired an arrow through a fish's wing, watching it waver.

"nice shot!"

"wasn't what i was going for." she scowled, watching the flying fish retreat.