45.

Vitani fell limp on Zoro's back after minutes of struggling, allowing him to swim easily.

"She fell asleep." He noted bitterly. "Some lightning goddess she is." He dragged her on land, tying her hands and legs with rope before throwing her over his shoulders. He tossed her onto the ground and sat down, sighing softly as he started up a fire. Vitani's eye slowly crept open, her finger nails sawing softly at the rope tied around her wrist until it fell.

She smirked, gritting her teeth as she bent her legs to cut the rope around her ankles.

Once it had fallen she bowled him over, pinning his shoulders and legs with her knees.

"You wanted a fight right?!" She huffed. He threw her off him, Vitani rolling as he retrieved his sword and unsheathed it. He lashed out for her, Vitani twisting and brushing the smooth medal to electrocute him before she kicked him back.

"I told you not to mess with me!" She yelled. "You're not in the right mind right now." She dodged his attack. "You're confused."

"Ain't nothin' to be confused about." He snapped back. Vitani flipped back, Zoro slicing her arm so she landed unbalanced. She crawled back to dodge his deadly attack once more, rolling back before lunging at his legs.

"Zoro remember me!" She yelled, straining to pin him. His strength easily surpassed her's as he grabbed her waist and slammed her down. Vitani kicked wildly but he placed the sword to her throat and she stopped. His body was pressed in between her legs, one bent to kick his stomach while the other was planted on the ground.

He looked up with a deadly glare, meeting her fierce gaze. She hissed, her body crackling with electricity.

"Don't make me do it." He snapped.

"Don't make me." She retorted. "I don't want to hurt you Zoro."

"You don't know me." He growled, adjusting the sword. "I don't have a problem killing you."

She swallowed, her body falling limp beside her legs which were slightly bent. His hand enclosed on the back of her throat to force her still, Vitani's back arching in resistance. Her breaths slowed, her hands moving up to brush his hand on the sword.

"Alright." She swallowed. "Alright you win. You win. You can drop the sword."

Zoro's eyes narrowed, squeezing her neck tighter. She flinched as he slowly sheathed his sword, tossing her aside.

She rubbed her neck and sat up, watching him face the fire.

She slowly moved in beside him, Zoro glancing over to her.

"Don't push it." He growled, Vitani looking at the fire in silence. She looked back at a soft noise, both turning to defend themselves.

"What was that?" Vitani muttered as Zoro gazed at the bushes. He eventually turned back to the fire and dismissed the sound, Vitani doing the same.

"So you gonna tie me up or kill me?" She asked after moments of silence. He shot her a glare.

"If you wanted to kill me or if you wanted to run, you would have already." He commented. "Yet you've stayed."

"You don't know tha-"

"You're one of the most dangerous people in this sea and you're only 18." He turned to her. "You didn't even put up a fight against me."

"Yes I di-"

"Shh." Zoro turned his back and laid down, Vitani glaring down at him.

"Did you just Shh me?!"

"Do you ever shut up? I mean geesh-"

She smacked his head and he immediately shot up, glaring at her.

"Hit me again. I dare you."

She flicked his nose with her tail and Zoro bowled her over.

"Get off me!" She snapped as he planted himself atop of her, sighing and closing his eyes. Vitani growled in defeat and eventually fell asleep, only waking up to the smell of meat. Her eyes were red and slitted as she waited for her food to warm up, watching Zoro eat.

She looked up as a small child joined them, Zoro offering his food.

"Even though I am hungry, I do not eat this kind of food." The child murmured.

"I see." Zoro hummed.

"Why aren't neither of you asking who I am?" He asked curiously. "Oh yeah...People on this island don't even remember their own names. You thought it was no use in asking, huh? You set out on a journey to become the world's strongest, right, mister? Then to you, Monkey D. Luffy is the perfect opponent you know?"

Vitani looked up in silence as the child bragged about Luffy's constant victories in the grand line and on the way to the grand line. She balled her fist.

"How do you know about Monkey D Luffy?" She asked, glaring up at the kid. He seemed to jump, taking notice to her presence.

His sudden shell began to glow and glimmer, Vitani and Zoro's bodies freezing.

"I'll kill you." She hissed, the kid cackling. "Zoro don't listen to him he's lying! Luffy's our captain-"

"Captain?!" He snapped.

Before Vitani could reply a light blinded her and Zoro.

Zoro approached Luffy and the others, drawing his swords as Vitani sat perched in the tree. His eyes were turned to slits, craving blood.

Vitani sat, watching the Straw Hats flee. Her eyes widened as Zoro cut an x on Luffy's chest, leaning forward in interest.

She looked up at rustling as Kierra bowled her over.

"Help him!" She screamed desperately, shaking Vitani roughly.

Vitani hissed, baring her fangs.

"Leave me alone before I snap your legs and feed them to Zeze." She snapped. Kierra narrowed her eyes and hissed back. Vitani's body began to crackle until she lifted her nose and sniffed the air. Kierra did the same, both of them looking down in confusion.

"My memories..." Kierra whispered. They both stood, Vitani looking up.

"Luffy." She breathed, rushing forward. "Zoro!"

Vitani gazed after Zoro as he towered above the straw hats menacingly, sprinting. She sped up, leaving Kierra behind as she leapt up.

She bowled Zoro over, rolling atop of him.

"Vitani!" He yelled as she narrowed her eyes.

"Vitani he's got his memory back it's okay!" Nami cried as Zoro dove into the water. He chased after the seahorse which had stolen their memories until he caught it, in which it blew out a purple substance.

Kierra and Vitani stared forward as an image of their father appeared before them as well as their mother and brothers. They stood beside the other afterimmages, the sea horse then projecting old enemies the straw hats encountered. Vitani gritted her teeth and looked up, frozen stiff. The sea horse's body doubled in size as the straw hats gaped, watching it float. Vitani looked around in confusion, the straw hats asking about who each other were and where they were once again.

Luffy suddenly shot up to where the sea horse was drifting off, wrapping around and squeezing its body until the memories completely seeped out of it. Vitani and Kierra sniffed the memories alongside the others, turning to face Luffy.

"I kicked it's ass." He smirked