36.

The Shandians looked up at a faint cry, staring up in shock and horror at the many Opavians gathered in the trees. They stared down at them, Kendrick standing infront of the tree line.

"Looks like you've got your people in another bad situation" Kendrick smirked. "Wyper."

"Why have you come here?" Laki demanded, Kendrick crossing his arms.

"So tense!" He huffed. "I'm not even here to hurt you." He leaned forward. "I saw your battle earlier. It was a pretty nasty one if I do say so myself."

"You bastard!" Laki cried, attempting to run forward.

"Ah-ah-ahh." He cooed, raising his hand. She flew back at a strong gust of wind and rolled into the tree , Kendrick quirking an eyebrow.

"Wyper, I'd watch your people. They're getting hasty. You don't even know if I was going to offer you assistance."

"Why would you offer us assistance?" He questioned, Kendrick humming. "Do you and Eneru not have an alliance?!"

"Oh, don't get it twisted." Kendrick dropped his hand, redoing his ponytail. "We May have an alliance but that doesn't mean I exactly like him. I'd love to see someone kill the bastard."

"Why don't you do it yourself?" Kamakiri asked, Kendrick raising an eyebrow in his direction.

"You're wounded." He turned over his shoulder. "Ma! Opai scravista umpava rea jubo scandian am. (There's a scandian with a pretty bad wound over here)." He hummed.

The woman walked forward, followed by a great Rekran.

"Come." She beckoned, standing a distance from the Shandians. He stood before her, Ada circling him. She looked him up and down, narrowing her eyes. She slammed her palm into his back, Kamakiri coughing and falling forward.

"What?!" The Shandians cried, Kendrick blinking.

"Ma?"

"His wounds were too deep for me to simply heal." She explained. "So i had to shoot my Egwa through his body." She squatted down, lifting his shirt to reveal where his skin was regenerating.

"A-amazing." Laki whispered as she stood, leaping up onto her Rekran.

"Have you seen the illegals yet?" Kendrick asked Wyper who nodded.

"Blue sea people. But they managed to take down the priest Satori."

"Really?" Kendrick hummed. "Impressive. Somewhat."

"They don't seem like hostile people." Laki admitted, Wyper glaring over his shoulder.

"I met them earlier at sea. I regret telling them I'd come to help them, especially since now that promise has become a lie."

"Why?" Wyper asked unsurely.

"I've got no business intervening with Eneru and their fight." He started simply. "Plus, they don't deserve my help."

"Sounds like someone's cocky." Laki muttered as Kendrick shrugged and leaned on his hip.

"Kendrick!" Ada called, Kendrick sighing.

"Good luck." He turned and headed back to the tree line, crying out something in Opavian before they disappeared.