27.

Vitani sat beside Kierra who was rambling on about how amazing the fireworks were. They sat at the edge of the deck, staring off at the ocean.

"I'd love to go to the Blaze festival." She whispered with a faint smile.

"Isn't it at an island around here?" Vitani asked, turning. "Nami!"

"Yeah?" She called, poking her head out the door.

"Do you think you can sail through the next island?"

"Why?" She hummed, stepping outside.

"We just...want to see what's going on in neighboring islands. This part of the Grand Line isn't too dangerous if I recall." She smiled reassuringly.

Nami gave her an unsure look. "Luffy?"

"Full speed ahead!" He jumped, pointing forward. Kierra laughed excitedly, standing as well.

Once the pirates arrived at the large island, Kierra waited anxiously. The large festival attractions were visible along with balloons and lights.

"It's real." She whispered, leaping up and laughing. "Oh, Vitani it's real!"

"She's really excited about this." Usopp murmured.

"It's been her dream her whole life to go but our father forbid us from ever going." Vitani explained softly.

"This festival's huge!" Nami stepped forward. "I mean it only happens every ten years."

"I hear it's where every race, family, and person meets up for one huge day and just...haves fun." Chopper smiled.

"Come on!" Kierra was pulling Vitani's arm. Vitani in turn grabbed Zoro who grabbed Luffy then Sanji then Nami then Usopp and finally Chopper.

"Robin!" Kierra stopped. "Come on!"

Robin smiled from behind her book before taking Chopper's hand. Kierra lead them into the city, dropping their hands as they made it to the street.

"Woah." She whispered, peering up in awe. The many booths and attractions illuminated the streets, Kierra beaming.

Nami explained to them a quick spending budget, Luffy already preparing to buy food.

"You've got some nerve being out in the open." A man scolded him, earning Zoro's attention.

"What do you mean?!" Luffy stammered as the owner drew a long sword.

"This festival is family-friendly, people like you aren't welcome here!" He roared. Robin yanked Luffy back to doge the fatal blow, Vitani stepping infront of him. Zoro had drawn his sword, Vitani shaking her head.

"Savanasti colfue a sofe cwaca. ( there's no need for violence here)." She shook her head and gently pushed his blade. The Straw Hats fled out the restaurant, the owner and a group of other men pooling out from various other shops.

"See Luffy, if you had just waited we wouldn't be in this situation!" Nami snapped.

"I didn't know, I was hungry!" He cried back.

"Twega (over here!)!" Vitani and Kierra turned at a building. A hand stuck out from a busted window a few yards above the ground. It was extended for someone to grab ahold of.

Vitani leapt up and touched it, immediately floating up as if she were weightless. It grabbed her and pulled her inside, Luffy crying out.

"What the-"

"Hurry!" The voice boomed. Kierra was next, her tail touching Zoro who in turn held onto Sanji, Luffy, Nami, Robin, Chopper, and Usopp. With one touch, they floated up and were drawn into the room.

"Where's they go?!" Voices fretted outside, The group hiding silently under the window. As the men retreated, Luffy stood.

"Where are we?" He scratched his head.

Yaps and cries erupted from five opavians who had surrounded them, aiming arrows at each straw hat.

"Huh?" Luffy hummed.

"They're Opavians." Nami murmured, Usopp weeping in fear.

"Please don't kill me!" He begged on his knees. One of the Opavians sucked his gut in, his aim sharpening for Usopp's head.

He prepared to release it before Vitani leapt infront of them.

"Igrandavia, Euopavi (Calm my people)!" She snapped, meeting each of their gazes. "Baltay, Schevestiva? (What are you doing here)"

"Conuta queer sa (I could ask you the same)." He hummed. He was lightskin ed with vitiligo patches decorating his face. He had dark short dreads pulled back, two hanging in his face. He had a blonde one, matching the vitiligo patch, which hung infront of his light brown eyes. He had dark blue face paints. "Princess, Vitani." The two held an intense gaze before Kierra leapt up.

"Baltay!" She cried, greeting him with a hug. "Chris. Zeda, Marco, Jace it's been so long!" She beamed.

"Who are these guy?" Sanji whispered.

"They're old friends of ours. We knew each other back on Opavia. They were good friends of Kendrick."

"Why's that?" Robin murmured. Vitani pointed to the various musical instruments around the room.

"Explains a lot." Robin noted softly.

"Well, it's good to see the baddest cat back around!" Jace wrapped an arm around Vitani loosely, rubbing her head with his fist. He was a short lightskin with short ginger curly hair, light green eyes.

"Who're these kids?" Zeda asked, looking at the straw hats.

"Hey, I've seen these faces before!" Chris noted. He was dar skin with a buzzcut. "You're Nico Robin."

"And Roronoa Zoro." Marco noted, holding Kierra in a headlock. Marco was extremely lightskined with curly hair in a ponytail, light blue eyes which almost appeared white.

"And you." Baltay pointed to Luffy. "You're Monkey D. Luffy."

"What about me?!" Usopp yelled. The Opavians gave him a confused look, Usopp pulling out Luffy's wanted poster.

"Right here!" He pointed to the back of his head in the corner, Vitani closing her eyes.

"Regwa ola (just go along with it)." She murmured, the Opavians ooing and nodding.

"Well, it's been a while since we've been together." Baltay sat down, pulling out an odd instrument.

"You guys can make yourselves at home." Jace sat down on the ground and stretched. Nami and Chopper reluctantly sat down on the couch while the others took a seat infront of the Opavians. Robin sat aside, carefully reading through their book. As Baltay fiddled with the drum, Zeda slid forward a long tray of food.

"It was supposed to be our lunch but you critters gotta be hungry." He leaned back beside Vitani as her tail closed.