69.

zeze stopped at the entrance to the large mansion, kierra leaping off eos. she approached the door as a sudden light shown on a nearby well. a woman appeared, skin blue with stitches.

"welcome." she maintained a monotone. "Master Hogback welcomes you in for dinner."

"We'll pass." vitani threw up a hand and turned back to Zeze.

"wait!" they turned as the large scientist stepped out. he panted, sweating bullets.

"so you're the chump who's got all these zombies crawling around?" kierra huffed.

"zombies? what zombies? i don't know anything about this island." he threw up his hands as vitani grabbed his collar.

"you lyin' to us?" she demanded. he shook his head as she threw him down, kierra stepped on his chest.

"why are we here?" she demanded.

"i-i-" he struggled to breath as she pressed down. "i don't know."

"liar!" vitani snapped. "do you want to die here?!"

he shook his head.

"where are the stolen shadows?!" he closed his eyes and fell silent, kierra gritting her teeth. she stepped off him, pushing the dirt up so he leapt into the air as oboiye's shadow held him up. kierra smirked before kicking him over the edge, oboiye sticking out his tongue.

vitani lead her inside into the dining hall, the paintings slinking out menacingly.

"well, well, we have guest." the pig head smiled. for the first time, vitani noticed the numbers on their heads and bodies. one of the paintings charged at her as she grabbed it's face, electrocuting it. kierra took a pouch on her waist and opened it, allowing the dirt to drift into her hand. she closed her palm, the dirt spiraling out into one's nose as his eyes rolled to the back of his head and collapsed.

"you want some?!" vitani roared as the other paintings retreated. oboiye's shadow readied eager punches before suddenly turning, slipping out the room. kierra crouched down before the fireplace, knocking.

"hey, tan this isn't stone." she called. "come help me push it." vitani crouched beside her as the stone wall leaned back. they rolled into the stone tunnel, narrowing her eyes.

"hey, where did oboiye's shadow go?" kierra hummed. vitani shrugged numbly.

"we should keep moving though, we don't have time to waist." vitani advised. kierra nodded, the pair turning at a low growl.

"one sword type.." there was a faint murmur as the swordsman flew forward. vitani threw up her arm guard, stopping him as kierra slammed her foot over his back.

"opavians...300 million berry bounties." he slowly stood. "i'll take you two down."

"this guy sounds like zoro." kierra muttered. vitani looked at his shadow, her eyes widening at the realization.

"no." she whispered. "tell me you didn't."

"vitani-"

"where is zoro?!" she screamed. the swordsman paused as she grabbed his face, electrocuting him. he fell back as she panted.

"vitani, what's going on?" kierra whispered in concern as she panted.

"they stole his shadow."

vitani and kierra walked along the edge of the mansion outside. zeze and eos trailed behind them, an ill silence overcoming the girls.