Stupid Lunch

Vanessa's Pov

It's 3 days since the night at Corbin's house and I still can't get him off my mind. I didn't know what to feel. I kissed him back and I loved the feeling of his lips on mine. But I can't do that if I'm still with Austin. It would count as cheating and I would never do that. I loved Austin with all my heart even though sometimes he doesn't treat me right. But I've been with him for 7 years. And I'm sure he's like that now because he's got a lot in his mind. So I decided to just forget it.

I grabbed my keys and walked to my car. After about 10 mins ride I arrived in Austin's house. I opened the door to see him asleep on the couch. I kissed his forehead and decided to cook his favourite pasta. I'm sure he'll love it. I served the food on his dining table and see him waking up. "Hey babe!" I greeted.
"Hey. What are you doing here?" He asked.
"Um, I'm visiting you." I said and he nodded in response and go on his phone.
"Babe. Come eat! I made you your favourite pasta" I said to him.
"Uh, no thanks. I don't feel like eating Italian food. I think I'm just going to order pizza" He said as he started calling the pizza delivery.

"Pizza is an italian food" I said getting a little bit angry.
"I meant I don't feel like eating your food." He said as he started speaking in the phone.
"Bitch" I said under my breath. And started putting the pasta inside the fridge. And leaving 1 plate for me to eat. I started to eat by myself in the dining table and he doesn't even bother to look at me. Once I'm done I washed the plate and his food arrived. He paid and started eating in the dining table. I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv.
"Why don't you sit here next to me?" He asked.
"No thanks" I said and started watching the tv. After he's done eating he walked up to sit next to me.
"Hey look I'm sorry, okay?" he said and leaned in to give me a peck on the lips. All of a sudden the peck turned into a wild kiss that I'm not very comfortable of. I put my hand on his chest to try and push him away. He put his hand on my neck like he was choking me and shoved his tongue in my mouth. I moved my head away to get away from him.

Then he moved his mouth and started to suck on my neck as his hand goes down to my chest and started unbuttoning my shirt. "Austin, I don't feel like doing it right now." I said pushing him away. But he continues and don't listen. "No, Austin get off" I said pushing him harder. "You're mine! I can do whatever I want to you" He said then he grabbed my shirt and ripped it hard until the buttons shattered all over the floor. "AUSTIN NO!" I yelled. Now he stopped but I can tell anger was written all over his face. He was now grabbing my hand tightly I couldn't feel my hands right now. "I need to go" I said and he stayed still. "I need to go Now!" I hissed and now he finally let go of me, I got up and quickly left.

I quickly drove to my bestest friend's house. Ashley. I drove for about 20 minutes and arrived. In the car I took off my shirt and just wore a tank top and put on the jacket. I knocked on the door and Ash opened it up. "Hey Nes! Come! I'm making lunch" She said and went back to her kitchen. "Smells good, but no thanks. I already ate" I said flatly. "Somebody's a little cranky" She said. "Fuckin Austin" I said as I lied down on her couch.
"What's wrong?" She asked. "Can't he just try to respect me for once? Doesn't he realise that I'm his girlfriend?!" I continued and told her what happened in Austin's house. "Ouch" She said. "Yeah! Zac would never treat me like that" I said out loud. I covered my mouth when I just realised what i've said. "What's that?" She asked smiling walking up to me and sat down. "Nothing" I quickly said. "Have somebody been thinking about Zac?" She teased smiling at me. "No" I said rolling my eyes.

"Nes, I see your connection with Zac. We all did. And it looked like you were much happier when you're with him" Ash said and all I did was stay silent. I don't know how to reply to that. I mean, it's kinda true that I felt happier around him. But I wanted to deny it because I'm with Austin now.
"I'm your best friend, and Zac is like my brother. I know you both so well. And I'm sure you two are much more happier together" She said.
"Ash, I'm with Austin. I have been with him for 7 years. And you know that I only have-"
"Eyes for one man" She cuts me off. "Nes, but does he make you happy? And do you think you deserve to be treated this way?" She asked.
"It doesn't matter how I feel. I could never leave him"
"Of course it's because of the 7 years and all. Yeah, know, I get it." She said rolling her eyes.
"It's not. When Austin just woke up from the surgery after his accident. I promised to him that I would never leave him. And you know me when it comes to promises." I said.

"Yeah, of course. And How do you feel about Zac?I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything " She said. I stayed silent for a while not knowing what to say.
"To be honest I don't know. I mean, when I'm with him I feel safe. He understands me, he makes me feel safe and secure. And he's always been gentle and caring to me. I mean he's like that to everyone but, not everyone does it to me so it makes me feel special. And I could talk to him about anything and I just love being next to him."
"And what about the kiss?" Ash asked.
"How do you know?" I asked shocked.
"I saw. Duh. And by the way that kiss looked hot and sweet and passionate." She said shaking her head grinning.
"Oh Ash."Without realising I started crying. I didn't know why. I felt broken every time I think about the kiss.
"Okay, I'm so sorry I made you cry" Ash said as she walks up to hug me.

"No. Ash. it's not your fault. It's just that when I think about the kiss I just- I think about what would happen if we were together? You know? It hurts me to think I can never be with him" I sobbed.
"Oh baby" She said wrapping her arms around me.
"Listen. You both are perfect for each other. And he makes you happy. Nes, if Austin doesn't treat you right, you have every reason to break your promise and leave him. You deserve to be happy. And if your happiness is Zac, then chase him and leave Austin. Never let your promise be the reason why you're stuck in a bad relationship that makes you unhappy, Okay?" Ash said and I nod in response.
"Okay now, wipe off those tears cuz I don't want to see you cry" Ash said handing me a tissue.
"I love you so much, remember that I'm always here for you" Ash said smiling at me.
"I love you too" I smiled.
"Okay, now I gotta finish up cooking cuz my handsome husband is going to come from work to have lunch any minute now" Ash said and went to the kitchen to continue cooking. This is the reason why I love Ash. She makes me happy.