Corbin's

Zac's Pov

It's been 2 weeks since the accident. And I've lost contacts with Nessa since then. She never texted me and I never too. I didn't want to interrupt anything. Today Corbin invited us all to have dinner at his house. It was a small gathering with the 6 of us. I got ready into a simple shirt and jeans, said goodbye to Dylan and head to Corbin's house. Everybody was there, except for Ness. I greeted everyone and we chilled. We chatted for a couple of minutes then we decided to have dinner even when Nessa hasn't arrived. We thought she wouldn't show up. After texting her thousands of times and calling her with no answer.

All of a sudden the door opened wide to show Nessa in a wet coat. Yes it was raining a little bit. She took it off and hung it. "I'm so sorry, it took a while for me to ask for permission then it started raining" She said.
"It's alright. Sorry we started without you, We thought you wouldn't come so we decided to eat without you." Corbin said.
"It's fine." She said and sat down.
"You still have to ask your Mom for permission if you wanted to go out?" Lucas asked.
"No, it wasn't my Mom, it was...... Austin" She said quietly. then Ash smiled sadly at me, I didn't know what that was for. Then we had dinner.

The dinner was fun. Afterwards we had this karaoke night. We sang lots of songs, from HSM songs to Songs that used to be our favourites when we were shooting the films, and the songs that we all love now. After singing a couple of songs Corbin changed the song to 'Say Ok' then everybody started cheering. Everybody told Nessa to sing and so she did. She looked so adorable back then, and now I'm watching her singing she looks beautiful.
"Oh my god. Zac Efron used to look like that!" Monique said.
"Nice haircut Bro!" Corbin said. Nessa sang and looked at me smiling. She's so gorgeous.

After she Sang the song she turned the song to rewrite the stars. "Please sing?" She said.
"No, No I don't sing." I said.
"Why are you always like that? You have an amazing voice!" She said. So I took it. It was a surprise that the whole group knows this song.
"Oh my god, you all know this song?" I asked.
"Duh" Monique said.
"Unbelievable" I said under my breath. A couple of minutes later we listened to music and have a chit chat. I just realised that we all drank too much. And some of us are starting to get a little drunk. I realised it was enough, and I didn't want to get anymore drunk since I'll be driving home, so I went outside to Corbin's backyard and sat on the grass.

"Hey Zachary" A voice called from behind.
"Can I sit?" She asked.
"Yeah of course" I said and she took a seat.
"Why are you out here alone?" She asked.
"just looking at the stars." I paused to look at her. "It's been a long time since we last talked. How have you been?" I asked.
"I'm okay. Mostly at Austin's apartment. Taking care of him" She said.
"Is he doing okay?"
"Yeah" She said and looked away from me. There's something she's hiding from me.
"Are You okay?" I asked looking at her eyes searching for something. She nods and smiled sadly
"Nes. Tell me are you okay?" I asked her

"Yes I'm fine Zac" She said.
"I hope you know that you can always tell me anything" I said
"Thanks Zac" She said and leaned her head on my shoulder. I smelled her sweet scent that I've always loved. I moved my hand up to her shoulder to wrap my arm around her. All of a sudden she winced in pain. I was confused. I was being gentle to her. I looked at her and she looked away hiding something from me. I leaned back and decided to check her shoulder. She was looking down not wanting to look at me. I lift her sleeve up to see what's on her shoulder. Suddenly I see a bruised shoulder. He must've done something to her.

"No" I sighed.
"It's okay" She said.
"It is not okay. He is hurting you." I said.
"It's not that bad" She said.
"It's not that bad? Are you crazy?! This could get worse" I said to her almost raising my voice.
"I promised not to leave him" She whispered.
"What?"
"When he just woke up from the surgery, I promise that I would never leave him" She said with tears dropping on her cheek.
"Nessa. Look at me" I said to her lifting her chin up to see me. "I don't care what kind of promises you made to him. But you are putting your self at risk. He is abusing you. You should look in the mirror and see that you deserve the world. You don't deserve being hurt like that." I said and she has tears in her eyes.

"Someone else will come along. A better person who would make you feel what real love is. A person who would take care of you and never hurt you. You just have to be brave enough to let him go" I said cupping her cheek. I wiped her tears of with my thumb softly. Suddenly I felt this urge in my stomach that made me want to have her. Her eyes were so beautiful. They shine brightly it made the stars seemed dark. And her lips. The sweet lips that I've been missing for this 8 years. I didn't realise what I was doing. I was leaning into her. And she was leaning into me too. When our noses touch I caressed her cheek lightly and pressed my lips into hers. She tasted sweet like cherry. Her lips were soft and warm. I deepened the kiss and move my other hand into her waist. I felt shivers going up from my spine, and goosebumps spread to all over my skin. This is perfect. I wish I could stay in this moment forever.

After what seems to be like a long time she pulled away. Out of breath. She rested her forehead on mine. I move my hand from her cheek to the back of her neck and played with her hair. "I'm sorry, I promised him" She said slowly, then I felt a tear dropped on her cheek. She pulled away, looked down and held my hand tight. All of a sudden she left me sitting on the cold grass alone. I watched her walk away from me. And yes, it hurts.