Brother from another Mother

Vanessa's Pov

I walked in the room excitedly yet terrified. I saw Austin with bandage all over him. His skin is so plae, and it looks like he lost a lot of blood. I took a seat and felt a tear drop on my cheek. I took his hand and intertwine it. "What happened Austin? Why were you drunk driving?" I asked him wanting to get angry at him for being so irresponsible. But of course, No response. "Please wake up" I said and put my lips on his hand that I was grabbing. "I'm so sorry, It's my fault you're like this. Please wake up!" I said holding on to his hand tight. Suddenly I felt movement from his fingers. And yes, he was tightening the grip. "Oh my god. Baby, I love you so much. Please wake up! Please!" I plead. Suddenly I felt it again. Now I'm hoping he'll wake up. I looked at him and leaned in and gave him a kiss on the lips. His lips is dry and cold. Once I pulled away I saw his eyes staring weakly at me.

"Oh my God! you're awake!" I said hugging him, and he winced in pain. I just realise he just finished an operation. "I'm sorry" I said. He grabbed my hand and caress it. "Baby, I love you too. I'm so sorry for doing what I did. I would never hurt you again" He said. I nodded my head and cried. "I forgive you" I said.
"Please take me back. I just love you so much. I can't live without you" He cried. I leaned in and softly kiss him. "i love you" I said and smiled. "Promise me you'd never leave me. Please." He asked weakly. "I won't" I said squeezing his hand.

After holding on to his hand and talking to him for a couple of minutes he fell back asleep. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. It was a nurse, and she gave me a paper bag and coffee. I took it and opened it up. There was a note inside. I smiled to my self reading the note. It's from Zac. He has always been sweet and thoughtful. I go outside to the nurse snd asked when did he gave her this. And she said just before. I walked quickly trying to find him. Probably he's heading to the carpark. Suddenly I saw him getting in his car. I ran towards him.

"Zac!" I yelled. He glanced my way and smiled. Though somehow the smile was different with the one before when I was at his house.
"Hey Nes. I'm sorry I gotta leave. There are some stuff I need to do." He said standing up. I leaned in and wrap my arms around his neck. He hugged me back resting his chin on my head. This feels great.
"Thank you for everything Zac. For helping me and everything. I owe you" I said.
"No you don't, Nes. I'm happy to do it" He said letting me go.
"How is he?" He asked.
"He is getting better" I replied. "The first thing he said to me was sorry. And I decided to forgive him and give him another chance." He nodded as a response but I can see it in his eyes that something was bothering him.

"Are you okay?" I asked.
"I'm good." He said looking away from me.
"Zac seriously. I know you. Something's bothering you" I said to him touching his chin making him look at me.
"You've just known me again for a few days Nes. I've changed , okay?" He snapped. Okay, I was actually wondering why he got angry. Somehow I was a little hurt by it.
"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I just wanted you to believe me that I'm okay" He said softly grabbing my hand and caressing my fingers.
"It's okay" I look deep into his eyes and smiled.
" Nes, I gotta go, okay? Take care of yourself: Call me if you need anything" He said letting my hand go and got inside the car. He drove off and I waved at him for the last time.

Zac's pov.

I can't believe I just yelled at Nessa. I hurt her heart. But she forgives me straight away. I didn't know why I was angry at her. I just thought that a girl like Nes, doesn't deserve a guy like Austin. She deserves love, and care. If we had never broken up, I would never take her for granted. I would take care of her heart, and I would never hurt her physically. But now, She's back with Austin. And there's nothing I can do about it. I just wish that she's happy and he'll never hurt her again. If he does, I swear I would break him to pieces.

To be honest I didn't have to go anywhere. But I reckon it was time for me to go when I see her holding on to his hand. I drove to wherever it takes me. Suddenly I stopped in front of a house that I've never been to for a couple of years. I knocked on the door a couple of times and the door swing opened.
"Hey Ash!" I greeted.
"Oh my Hey Zac! What's up?" She said.
"Can I come in? I just need a friend" I said. She nods and let me in. I sat on her couch and stared at her wedding picture in front of me. The one I did not attend. There was Vanessa as the bridesmaid looking beautiful as ever. I looked at the Ash and Chris again. Suddenly I picture Nessa in a wedding dress with me holding on to her hand. No. No. I would never think about those things. It's way too far.

"I know right? I look beautiful" Ash said as she hands me a cup of coffee.
"Sure, but I was actually looking at Nessa" I stated. "Thanks for the coffee by the way" I said taking a sip.
"Arghh is Zac Efron back in love with Vanessa Hudgens? She has a boyfriend you know?" Ash said.
"Yeah I know. Duh." I said rolling my eyes. "That's actually why I came here" I said.
"You want to tell me a story?" She asked and I nod.
"But you gotta promise me not to tell anybody? She might get mad if she knew I told you this before she tells you" I said.
"Yes" She said and so I told her everything that happened from when I found Nes and when she told me the story pf her and Austin.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID HE JUST DO?!" Ash yelled.
"Ash! Calm down" I said.
"I can't fucking CALM DOWN! He hurt NESSA, ZAC!!" Ash yelled.
"Yes, but Nes, Please. I don't want her to know that u know it from me" I said.
"Fine, continue" She said. So I told her the story until how I saw her holding on to his hand and I left and we talked in the parking lot.
"Aww Zac" Ash said.
"What?" I asked.
"Just admit it. U're still in love" Ash said.
"What the- Of course no! I mean yes I care about her. But does that mean I'm still in love with her? Of course no. That'll be very childish of me to still be in love with my first love. I mean it's been 8 years. Like what?" I said realising that I started rapping not talking.

"Oh geez. Calm down Zachary. I know you are very good at rapping, But I can't understand what you are saying" Ash said.
"Damn. The point is, I am not still in love with her" I explained.
"Yeah Sure"
"Ashh"
"I said yeah.. I believe ya" Ash said smiling looking away from me and checked out her phone.
"So how are you and Chris?"I asked.
"Well, We're great and so in love. It's bad that you missed out on our wedding" Ash said.
"You know why. And yeah, I regret not showing up to my bestfriend's wedding. We kinda drifted apart back then. I really regret that" I said.

"Yeah. You'll always be my brother from another mother you know Zachary?" She said grabbing my hand.
"Love ya sis" I said grinning and she blew me a kiss.
"By the way, I've only seen Chris a couple times. I'd love to get to know him" I said then suddenly the door barged opened.
"That's him!" Ash said excitedly. She ran to the door and gave her husband a hug.
"Hey Baby! How was work?" She said leaning in to give him a kiss.
"Great" Chris Said and he turned to me smiling.
"Babe, this is Zac My old bestfriend. And Zac this is Chris, My love of my life" Ash said giggling.

"Yeah of course I remember. Hey Zac! How are ya?" He greeted.
"Great, Nice to meet you man" I said. We chatted for a couple of minutes, and Ash invited me for dinner. So I stayed. I mean, It's been a while since I was this close to Ash. And I missed it. I love looking at Ash and Chris happy together. They look perfect.