My savior

Vanessa's Pov

I eat up my brunch as I hum to the song 'Can I have this dance?'. Last night was amazing. Zac and I sang and Danced. I'm so grateful to be able to feel his touch again. It made me feel secure. I turned on the laptop and check out a few mails, news and go on youtube for music. Suddenly something caught my attention. 'High School Musical Stars and Ex lovers Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens was seen singing together to one of the songs from High School Musical in Ashley Tisdale's Instagram Story. Is it the start of Something new? Or are they continuing the past. And how does Austin Butler, Vanessa's lover think about that?'

Of course they would go crazy. But I got a little bit mad. Can't Ex Lovers be friends for once? Without realising I fell a sleep on the couch. I woke up to the smell of food coming from the kitchen. "Stella?" I called out. I walked to the kitchen and see Austin cooking. "Hey baby" I said as I leaned in to give him a kiss on the lips but he moved away so I ended up kissing his cheek. Okay something's up. "Here I made you a hamburger" He said and laid the lunch on the dining table. "My favourite! thank u!" I said and started to eat.

"You had fun last night?" He asked.
"Yes! It's been such a long time and I'm glad everybody was there" I said.
"Including Zac?"
"Yeah, he finally made it this time"
"Great" He said flatly.
"What?"
"nothing" I looked up at him and see something's really bothering him. I touched his hand and he moved away.
"okay, Now what's wrong?" I asked him.

"You and your ex"
"And what's wrong?"
"This! This is wrong!" He said and took out his phone pointing at the news of me and Zac.
"C'mon It's gossip. They're exaggerating stuff"
"Sure" He chuckled.
"I'm serious!"
"Yes. Well I'm sure it's just a rumour that you and him sang together, and danced together"
"Well we are just friends and co-worker. Nothing else happened."
"Yeah I'm sure nothing else happened" He said sarcastically.

"Well, Is having a nice talk with him so wrong? Why can't I be a little friendly to Zac? We are working together. I can't not be friends with him" I stated.
"It's not friendly. It's acting like a bitch. Why do you act like that when you have a good boyfri-"
"What did you say?"
"I said why do u act-"
"Before that. What did you just call me?" I said looking down. I can't believe my boyfriend the one that I've loved for 8 years disrespected me and called me a slut. To be honest, it hurts.
"Nes-"
"What the fuck did you just call me?" I yelled at him as I put my hands on the table.

"I fucking said you act like a total bitch. Why the fuck did you have to act like a slut when you have a good boyfriend like me. Why can't you just stay away from him. It's as easy as that" He yelled in front of my face. I quickly slapped his face hard enough to make my hand hurt. He walked towards me and grabbed my hair and pulled it and punched me across the face. It hurts so bad. My cheek started throbbing and My vision starts to get blurry.
"Leave" I said
"You can't tell me what to do"
"It's my fucking house! Now, leave!" I yelled.
"Fine" He said and get his things. I can't believe he can be this harsh on me. I took a seat holding on to my left cheek that's starting to swell.
"If you were a good boyfriend you would never call me a slut/ a bitch for being friendly to a guy. You would never hurt me like this. If you can't trust me and started to hurt me like this then I can't be with you." I said to him. He stared at me for a second and stormed out slamming the door behind him.

I bury my face in my hands and started crying. I touched my left cheek and it hurts so bad. But that's not the thing that hurts me the most. It's hearing him say all those things and realising he was the one that hurt me when he's supposed to be the one caring for me. I cried harder that makes my cheek hurts more. I never see Austin this way. He never show his dark side to me. Now I see it and I hate it. After dating Zac for 5 years, fighting with him a couple of times no matter how big the problem was, he would never call me that or yell at me. And of course, he would never physically hurt me in anyway. I can't be in here. It makes me sick. I put on a jacket and a scarf that covers half of my face. I decided to take a walk to cool my mind off.