48: Here We Go Again [Camp pt. 2]

Começar do início

"I couldn't..." That was all that she spoke off. She was shutting herself down from almost any conversation with him.

"Tell me. I'm tired of being left in the dark Kirishima. You can't train with your mind not focusing on the task at hand. You're doing nothing but wasting time and keeping yourself living up to your full potential. Was it something going on with the other students? Is it something at home? Did someone hurt you?" She bit the inside of her cheek while figuring out on what to spill out for him. Mainly, her thoughts were consumed by Dabi. Karin new that he'd probably be disappointed in her by now, but ever since Midoriya told her about him possibly stalking the group at the mall made it all even worse.

He was dangerous to her friends. Plain and simple. She could never truly see him again without them both being in trouble...and she had no clue of where he was hiding. "I miss him..."

Aizawa's face changed into utter confusion. "Him?"

"Dabi... he's Shouto's older brother.."

Yeah I kind of new part already.. Aizawa sighed before resting a gentle hand upon her shoulder. It sparked her attention while he tried to find out more about it. Maybe there was a chance to get her to share any information about his whereabouts or history. "I was told that he used to take care of ya as a child... and I understand that it must be hard to be in the position that you're in. I'll admit, what you did before was completely unnecessary. You ran away from everyone, creating a even bigger panic than what there already was for you... but I do understand a great reason as to why. Dabi was more than a brother to you.. and at times he may have felt like a father figure too, right?"

She nodded slowly. It was true...
Every single bit of it.

You felt like that too at times..

"As a hero though, it is your duty to uphold the future for the sake of your society. Even when you're in pain, you must be willing to fight back the sorrows and suffering in order to put others before you. Karin... I need you to understand the consequences of every action you take. It is time for you to finally let go of your past and to make strides for your future." She nodded once more, feeling her heart sink by each passing second. So... I'm not allowed to feel anything..?

"Alright. Now let's move onto training..." He patted the top of her head before leading her closer towards the rest of her group. Every individual was placed separately across the area, and so they both decided to stay by the forests edge. Karin sat crisscrossed upon the grass as she was given 100 pound weights at a time to lift. But since she held two quirks, he had another idea for the empath power she possessed.

"It was a while ago, but I was told about what you did to Endeavor, Karin." She paused in the middle of her small workout to stare wide eyed at him. Of course it was all over the news, but the tone of his voice seemed lighter, as if he was almost impressed with what she did. He's never like that...

"You managed to bring the number two hero down to tears... and Shouto told me that you didn't even touch him."

She thought back to that night and remembered how it felt to unleash all that power within her body. It was like her chest was convulsing and a splitting headache shot through her skull during that time. To sum it up, it felt as if a sound wave shot through the room. And that was the first time she's ever done anything similar to her father's true quirk use. He was able to stare someone down and easily make them bend to whatever emotion he inflicted... and she was finally able to crack that last step to accomplish it. She just didn't know how to do it again...

"I knew you were powerful, but hearing about what you did was something truly remarkable. Do you remember the first conversation we had back at the school? How I mentioned your quirk and from which parent you inherited it from?"