46: Not Friends, We Were "Brothers"

Comenzar desde el principio

Dabi stiffened from seeing the grown man cry. This was the source of all his trauma- his pain and past. The catalyst group and Ryo used to be his family. He spilled it all out to him about how he managed to get stuck in that mess.

"I-I was only a street rat... a kid when a group called the Catalysts found me. My quirk was great for many uses and they taught me the way trough the streets of Japan.... with them, they taught me how to trade and sell what was necessary to survive in the world. It was harsh... but it was all I had. Ryo was almost brother to me man! H-he had more experience with the world than I did and he took care of me! But like me, he wasn't with them for very long..." A lump formed in his throat, preventing him from spilling more. In a way... he reminded Dabi so much of Karin.. he was just as hurt and vulnerable as her...

A psychotic laugh escaped him as he took shaky breaths. "My quirk got out of control at times and my clones tried to attack me and claim themselves as the true original... and so he was set to advise me. L-like babysitting you know?!

But... hehe... one night at the docks, we had to be stationed there to buy off our shipment of drugs or... whatever the fuck it was! But Ryo didn't have the money! Someone else took it a-and he was punished for it! I ..... I was forced to use my quirk against him!" A sob cut off the rest of his thoughts as he was curling himself up into a tighter ball. Dabi sighed, not knowing how to comfort him

"The Catalyst group faked his death by my help... and they kept him locked up. Th-they made me make more clones... and they hurt him. They h-hurt my brother! He didn't deserve it! They took pliers, knives, rope a-and... tore at his flesh..... I couldn't do anything but watch! But .... Stain saved it all....... he marched in through the doors one night and... slaughtered everyone.... he saved my life and let me live."

Faked his death?

Everything was now tying in place from recent events. Twice would have the power to easily do so with his clones, and it would make sense for the split personality trauma. No wonder why Ryo recognized him...

All the pieces were fitting right in, but for some reason, it only made his chest burn with more hatred. Kyoki was working with Stain and his idol managed to get thrown into prison without him. Ryo was all that was left and everything was coming in full circle. He had connections within the League before he did... Karin was stuck in the middle of a huge web.

Twice looked up at Dabi one last time. "I want him back... he has to come back! He must miss me! Tomura won't like him but I'll keep him safe!"

Dabi sighed before resting a hand on his shoulder firmly. "Karin and Bakugou are the first priority so far.... but when the time comes, Ryo will know of what we done and he'll hunt us down...

And then we'll be able to take him if you wish ... and destroy the rest of those pathetic heroes."

***

Today was the day. Everyone would soon be at the training camp for their first week of summer. All of the students of class 1-A were already boarded onto a bus, traveling their way towards their destination. Karin and Katsuki sat in the way back as they shared the seat together. He was already passed out; his head laid against her shoulder while he snored. For most of the time, she stared out of the window. Her mind was somewhere else and she couldn't help but think about what Bakugou said yesterday...

"You truly meant that?" Karin just stepped out of the girls locker room when she spotted Katsuki leaning against the wall. His arms were crossed over his chest while his soft gaze stared her down. Her cheeks exploded into a dark shade of red and instantly she tried to avoid eye contact. "L-lets Go Katsu..."