Armin X Reader - Among The Stars

Please leave comments

Oh how you loved the sky, the sky in all it's forms. The deep blue of mid day, the vivid colours of dawn and dusk, and the endless black night sky, especially. Something about the night sky just struck a chord deep inside you. The infinite darkness that held so much within it, the universe you lived within, the brilliant colours that you'd see in pictures were just so complex, yet so simply beautiful. Nothing stole your breath from you like looking up to the stars late at night, seeing the white points of like freckles against a black canvas; well, nothing except that or Armin.

His own type of beauty was the only thing to rival your love of the stars. So Armin thought it to be a major risk to even consider taking you stargazing for your next date, lest he stop being the object of your affections. He told you this with a teasing smile, second before he was immediately smothered by your embrace, and his smile grew. And that's how you found yourself standing on a grassy hill top, the sound of crashing waves ringing in your ears, and a warmth in your heart that nothing could take away.

The hand in you were holding gave yours a little squeeze. You turned your head to see your boyfriend of 5 years giving you his signature little grin, smooth hand resting in yours like it was meant to be there all your life. A smile spread across your face. The sun was setting, throwing golden rays all over the place. The sky you so loved was painted with soft pinks and oranges, the bright mix of hues meeting the dark blue of the ocean, the water travelling from the horizon to the base of the cliff you were situated upon, until it met the shore, crashing, breaking, foam spraying against dark rock and sand alike, creating a crescendo of sound that was like no other.

This gorgeous serenity was broken as Armin removed his hand from yours with a sigh. You turned as he did, to see him returning to the car that had brought you two to this little slice of paradise. He then hauled out a thick picnic blanket, some bug spray, and a paper bag which you prayed contained wine, and Armin turned to face you again.

"Well," he said with an air of finality, setting everything down beside you. "I'd say this is going nicely."

You replied by crashing your lips against his. When you pulled back, you were greeted with one of your favourite sights - Armin's cheeks flushing, a flustered look on his face. Even after four years, your suddenly advances still left him a mess.

"Yeah," you sighed, wrapping your arms around his waist and burying your face in his chest. "Y'know, I think I saw a fish 'n' chip shop down the road from here."

Armin laughed lightly, blush disappearing. "How could I forget, when you couldn't get over the fact that it was calls "fish and ships" and laughed your entire way up here? I told you that you'd enjoy the name."

You also laughed. "True. Wanna check it out? I mean as much as I'd hate to leave all this, I wanna eat now so I can peacefully sit later." You gestured widely at the almost 360 degree view you had of the horizon, before turning to look at the road you'd drove up.

Armin hummed in agreement. "We're alone up here, - do you feel like a walk?"

Luckily for Armin, you'd made sure to get lots of sleep the night earlier, so you were very prepared for the short walk to and from the quaint little shop a few minutes down the road.

The place you were visiting was a little headland between two beaches. On one side, the beach was an almost empty, a vast stretch of coastline that in the day was usually filled with beach goers and surfers. On the other was a smaller stretch of sand, with the entrance to a creek easily taking up 200m of it. The creek itself was massive, and was a popular destination for campers and tourists alike, with a busy road running along the length of the creek, connecting two small towns, and on the other side of the road was a caravan park, filled with tents, caravans and little holiday homes.