Well That Was A Mistake - (Levi X Depressed!Reader)

windexackerman34

/Readers Pov/

I raised my hand, glancing nervously at the trio camped around the corner. At Connie's worried nod, my hand came crashing down on the wooden door. The second the knock sounded, I turned and started running for my life. A few seconds later, the door opened and a pissed off voice said "What."

Levi's head poked around the doorframe, and when he saw my retreating figure, his eyes narrowed and he took a step outside his room.

"Well, that was a mistake,"  I groaned, picking up the pace.

The next thing I knew, the angry midget was chasing me. Frantically, I tried to escape into my room but the next thing I knew, two arms caught at my legs and I face planted into the floor, uttering a very expressive profanity. I rolled over to find that Levi was glaring down at me.

"You asshole," He growled.

"Hi Levy?" I said hopefully.

He groaned and gave me a hand up.

"I'm still your captain. An hour's worth of cleaning my office, be glad that I didn't give you more."

I pouted and nodded, wandering off to share the news of my failure to Sasha, Jean and Connie that were waiting nervously in our room.

/Timeskip/

I gave a groan as I tiredly dragged the cloth across the desk for what must've been the millionth time that day.

I must've been here for an hour already. Will Levi come and send me off or..

As if waiting for me to think that, the door swung smoothly open, Levi strode in. He looked softly down at my waiting figure and I gave him a tired smile, rolling up my sleeves and climbing to my feet.

Suddenly, the midget froze staring at me. His low, concerned voice floated across the room to me, causing me to stop in my tracks.

"W-what's on your arm?"

I stared dumbly before saying the first thing that came to mind.

"It was the cat I swear."

Levi stood up front of me, gently rolling the sleeves I'd hurriedly folded down 5 seconds prior, revealing the scars in my wrist from a few days ago.

"We don't have a cat. Don't lie to me." He murmured, glancing at me.

"......"

"Why'd you do it?"

"I can't fight-"

"-You can too!-."

"-I'm terrified of dying Titans because of it."

"...."

"Yeah...." I whispered, tears welling up in my e/c eyes.

Levi's arms wrapped around me, the usually stoic man comforting the weaker love of his life.

I felt pointless rage boiling up inside of me at the fact that me and my worries had been found out. I wrapped my arms around his neck, fisting my hand and biting my lip to stop my cries.

"You're such an idiot." Levi teased gently.

"I-I," I sucked in a shaky breath before continuing. "H-Hate.... You."

"Mind saying that again?" Levi said kindly, smiling slightly.

"I-I hate you."

"Again?"

"I. Hate. You." I whispered, shakily kissing his cheek.

Levi murmured in agreement. "You said it without stuttering. Good."

"So what?"

"So you're stronger then you give yourself credit for. You'll be fine. And haven't I always said that I'll protect you. It'll be fine. Swear."

I smiled lightly, pulling him closer, and we stayed there, hugging silently, comfortable with the knowledge that we had each other.

/Bonus Ending/ /Skip If You Want A Happy Ending/

/Levi's Pov/

I cradled the lifeless body, tears falling down my cheeks. I distantly remembered promising Y/n that I'd protect her. But I was too late. I lost her. I gave a choked sob and pressed a shaky kiss to her bloody forehead, closing her eyes to the world forever.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

Hope you enjoyed Doona!!

PEACE