I Need A Hug - (Armin X Crying!Reader)

Anime-Lover-104

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG

Okay so I low key love the meme on the top. It's by DrinkYourFuckingMilk and hey do all sorts of shit like that in Tumblr or some shit. They're like my LeviHan GOD at the moment, so check out them and their work. Btw, it has the full f word but me trying to stay innocent doesn't say that word, only stooping as low as to say bitch and other lower profanities.

Haha shut the f*ck up past me

But really

"GIVE MEEEEE THE MNNNNNNN FANY TOWEL"

"AAAAAAH MY GOD ERWIN YOUR ARM IS F*CKING GONE"

/Armin's Pov/

I sat up sharply in bed and glanced around for whatever caused the noise that had roused me. The sound came again, and I realised that it was coming from beside me. I frowned. Reaching down, I gently shook Y/n's shoulder. She gave another cry and wrapped her arms around my waist, burying her head in my lap. I cupped her cheek, wiping the solitary tear that was trickling down her cheek away with my thumb. The moon came into view from the window, lighting up the room.

"Y/n?" I called softly. She gave a fearful whimper. "Y/n! Wake up."

Her eyes shot open and she sprung up. Y/n looked around bluntly before realising what had happened and burying her face in her hands, shaking slightly and her breath coming fast.

I gave a start and for a moment my mind went blank. Looking back, I really failed for those 20 seconds.

"Are you okay?" I said gently. Of course not why did you ask that.

"I need a hug." She whispered, peering between her fingers at my seemingly oblivious expression. My rationality kicked in and I came out of the stark dumb state I'd been in.

I immediately pulled her into a hug, holding the love of my life to my chest. I kissed her sweaty forehead and gently rocked her back and forth.

"I had a bad dream." She whimpered. "There were Titans everywhere.... I was trying to run... it caught me.... you were flying towards me but it was too late... you were yelling out my name..."

Y/n burst into tears and I heard Sasha moan something about potatoes and roll over in her bunk. I hurriedly tried to soothe her, whispering in her ear, "It's okay."" You're okay.""You're safe now."

Finally, Y/n settled down, lying in my lap as I stroked her forehead. Suddenly, she gave a grimace, looking half-heartedly at the stone wall.

"I'm such a baby, crying over a dream when I've lost my whole family."

"Hey," I soothed. "You're not a baby. There's nothing wrong with crying." Y/n gave a stubborn sniffle and murmured "Tell that to yourself." I smiled humourlessly. "That's different."

Y/n crossed her arms defiantly and stared up at me, a disapproving glint in her e/c eyes. "How."

This conversation isn't going my way at all

"Doesn't matter," I said shutting down the topic. But stubbornly, Y/n opened it back up like a door.

"It does to me."

"Can we save this for another time? Look, I-"

"It's okay, I get it, but we aren't done talking about it. Anyway, you were saying?"

"Uh, yeah, don't think that. You're incredibly strong, and brave, and you'll be okay. No Titan can stop you. And besides, I'll protect you. That might not be much though."

Y/n gave a soft smile, pulling me down beside her and laying her head in the crook of my neck. "If you're protecting me, I know I'll be okay."

That meant more to me then anything.

Oh......

I flipped onto my side and placed a loving kiss on her chapped lips, which she responded with care and sincerity.

"I love you." I breathed, pulling back and resting my forehead on hers. We stared into each others eyes, drinking in the silence. The dappled moonlight peaked into between the blinds that were drawn sulkily across the speckled glass, but the only thing I had eyes for was Y/n. I admired her in the dull lighting that was casted around us.

Her silky h/c locks lying across her defined jawline. Her tanned skin seemed to radiate its own brilliance. Her e/c eyes shone with wonder and love. It dawned on me that Y/n had been staring at me too. Her eyes traveled from my hair, to my nose, to my jaw, to my lips, to my neck, finally landing on my eyes.

"I love you too."

PEACE