How To Smile - (Platonic!Krista and Platonic!Reader + Sad!Armin X Reader)

FairyTailLover01

/Krista and Reader-chan have just gotten back from dealing with a Titan attack (Their first expedition in the Survey Corp)/Krista and Reader-Chan are just friends, k. No friends with benefits or any of that nasty shit. If any of you want to imagine that after this story you get closer and closer then fine, I can't do anything bout it. This is platonic tho, so yeah/

/FYI the way I make people feel better is by shitty humour and  being a goof, but when it's serious I'll get my shit together and yeah/

/I'M SO SORRY THAT THIS TOOK SO LONG THERE'S SOME MAKE UP FLUFF AT THE END DON'T HATE ME/

/I got a bit carried away at the Armin bit/

/I just remembered another idea I had for a Oneshot thank you/

/Reader-Chans Pov/

I dragged my tired and busted body through the corridors along side my equally exhausted friend Krista. Her normally petite and elegant face was weather worn, showing hints of minor to major snapping in very little time. Sensing my stare, she glanced at me, her creased eyebrows making the blood and dirt stand out.

"You right mate?" I asked, concern welling up inside me.

Krista gave me a look, barely disguising an expression which made me wake up and smell the grief.

"Hey," I said softly, stopping in my tracks. I put my hands on her shoulders, forcing the small blonde to face me although she refused to meet my eyes.

"Hey, look at me. Are you okay?"

She finally met my gaze. Her blue eyes were watery and her face was on the peaking point of either turning bright red or crumpling.

"I....I.."

Realising what was about to happen, I grabbed her wrist and started running towards the nearest room. I kicked the door open primarily for comedic effect, only to see that Armin was in there having what I presumed to be his own private meltdown. He blushed and opened his mouth but I slammed the door shut and went to the next door down.

I shoved Krista inside, closing the door after me. The second the door shut she lunged into my arms, tears rolling down her flushed cheeks.

"It's okay Hun, it's okay."

"I can't take it anymore Y/n! I can't! First Marco, then the others... I can't lose any more people. It's to much now! I can't lose anyone else. I can't!"

I gently patted her back, soothing her cries.

"We'll all be okay, I swear. We might lose some but we'll be okay. Our friends are talented, and smart, and strong, they'll all be okay."

Eventually, the goddess calmed down enough to sit down on the bed next to me. She wiped her eyes, looking up at me gratefully.

"T-Thanks Y/n. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Have a meltdown in the middle of the barracks?"