Crispy Boy - (Armin X Reader)

Sorrynotsorry

armin_arlert77

I surveyed the battle before me, my heart pounding like a gigantic drum. Reiner wheeled around and continued to fight my friends as I tried to catch my breath on a nearby rooftop, whereas all I wanted to do was drop and sleep, preferably with Armin by my side. Speaking of the love of my life, I turned and looked around, fear starting to flutter in my chest.

Then I saw him.

Bertholt.

And with steam hissing and spitting forth from every length of his body, he stared straight into the eyes of a soldier flying through the steam towards him.

A-Armin!!!???

"ARMIN!" I screamed.

I turned from Reiner and started heading towards Armin as fast as I was able, screaming his name.

"ARMIN! GET AWAY FROM HIM! YOU'LL DIE!"

I saw Eren's titan form, crumpled and steaming, but through the steam I saw his skin hardening onto the wall. It felt as though my stomach dropped out of my body as the last puzzle piece of knowledge fell into my head and I realised his plan.

"NO!" I screeched. "PLEASE ARMIN GOD PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!"

As Armin stayed in his place, I instead targeted Bertholt.

"BERTHOLT PLEASE! DON'T DO THIS TO US! STOP"

And Bertholt, who was mainly stoic but slightly regretful, felt guilt start buffeting at him upon hearing my screams.

Then Armin heard me.

"ARMIN!"

Armin's POV

I heard her screams, and they tore me apart. Her voice alone was almost enough to make me turn around, but I knew I couldn't.

I have to do this.

I'd said once before that I would die for humanity if I had to, not that I'd want to, and I guessed that today was the day that I was going to make do on that claim.

Y/n's going to hurt if I leave... She's going to break...

God I'm sorry Y/n... but I have to do this.

Maybe I'll be okay.

But I knew that was a lie.

I looked in her direction, I could barely make out her form. I could just see this soldier, this fighter, this wonderful person flying towards me. I could hear her crying and I looked at her, looked past the blood stains and even though she was so far away, I could already see her face and her tears and feel her pain.

And I felt it too.

Because this was that last time I was ever going to see her.

I gave a sob and tried to find her eyes and in my mind I just saw this little girl running towards me with a determined expression on her face just like when we were kids.