We're Okay - (Eren X Armin)

DuhitzSelman22

I apologise

Actually no I like this one I claim this whole plot sequence

They were shattered, but they were perfect

He was quiet, they were loud

He was smart, they couldn't see past their rage

They had both known tragedy

But they had each other

And I guess that was enough

--

"Eren...... Are you okay?" Armin whispered, already knowing what his answer would be. A hand slithered into his pale one, and gripped it tight.

"Yeah, just another nightmare. Go back to sleep."

Armin rolled over, proving himself up on frail, scar covered arms. Tears rolled down Eren's cheeks, and his lips were pressed firmly shut to muffle his whimpers. Armin quietly wiped the tears away, placing a shaky kiss on his forehead.

"We're okay."

"We're okay."

--

The ride back to the walls was a long and tedious one. Armin lay in wounded cart, cradling Eren's steaming body. Tears muffled his view as he silently begged Eren to wake up. As Eren blinked awake, Armin pulled him closer.

"We're okay."

"We're okay."

--

Armin lay on the floor sobbing. Fresh blood dripped down his arms, splashing onto the floor and painting the rough timber red.

Eren gently held Armin close, whispering soft, well chosen words of reassurance.

"Breathe, after me, breathe. Everything's alright... Everyone's safe...."

"We're okay."

"We're okay."

--

Armin lay broken on the harsh and muddy ground. Eren's screams of anguish rattled through his mind and nothing could get past the fact that he couldn't feel his body. Sobs burst from his throat, but he wasn't afraid, nor in pain. Eren's face suddenly appeared in front of his own, and the screams melted into words. His name, over and over.

"ARMIN!"

As Armin's breath grew thicker and his head grew heavier, Eren helplessly called for help, his normally harsh voice as shrill as a sea birds cry.

The sea....

Armin's eyes flickered shut and his sobs were reduced to whimpers.

"ARMIN! ARMIN LOOK AT ME! PLEASE! WAKE UP!"

He focussed his tired gaze on Eren's ruggedly handsome face, it's features twisted in grief and desperation.

"Please!" His voice dropped to a hopeless whisper. "Don't leave me..."

Armin forced his grimace into a soft smile that was painfully familiar.

"Please...."

Eren cupped Armin's cheeks, capturing his lips in one last chaste, desperate kiss."

"Hey..." Armin stuttered, and his breath was finally extinguished.

"We're okay."

"We're okay."

PEACE