25: Stain, Blood, and Bullets

En başından başla

But as he watched the video even further, he discovered more about the relationship between the two. Dabi paused in his tracks and rubbed Karin's back in the distance. He seemed to be trying to comfort her in some way... meaning that Dabi cared for her.

He sighed once more in relief. "Thank god.. now all we need is the house number from where they came out of."

***

"Ugh, there's nothing good on the tv right now." Dabi was relaxing on the couch with Karin as the news played within the living room. Dabi's phone buzzed incessantly over the past few hours as messages from Todoroki and Bakugou were left unchecked.

Part of her was still upset about what happened the previous night. She felt as if Todoroki was betraying her and Bakugou both.. for some odd reason. I mean.. he did lie to me about him hating the hickeys.... he just didn't like that Katsuki did it first... and he didn't tell me the truth. But not only that but.... he did that on purpose last night to tick Katsuki off.

She sighed remembering coming home to only put more ice on her neck. She hated the marks on her skin more than anything. They hurt... but most importantly, whenever she looked in the mirror to see them, it only reminded her of her past.

As a kid, growing up with bruises was nothing new to her, but this felt like being stabbed through the chest from seeing how the people she cared about was putting marks on her. They're fighting over me..... they both like me but.... ugh what do I do?

In times like these, she'd wish that she'd still have her father around to talk to..

"What's up kid?" She was startled out of her thoughts when she heard Dabi's voice. She sighed and leaned against his shoulder.
"I don't know.... I'm just feeling off about everything that happened last night.."

He nodded slowly and wrapped an arm around her. "I get it.." Her arms still held onto her purple bunny as she closed her eyes.
"I'm ....upset with Shouto.."

He clicked his tongue. "Yeah me too."

"He lied to me...he acted so caring and protective when he saw the hickeys on my neck before.... but then he just.... hurt my neck last night, as if he was trying to get back at Katsuki..."

Dabi tipped her head to the side and glanced down at the marks. It made his blood boil with pure hatred. To imagine: his brother- his own flesh in blood did that to her. It wasnt intimate for Shouto... and she took the words right out of his mouth.

"If anything... at least Katsuki apologized afterwards........... Todoroki did have a pink aura when he did it to me... but there was also so much more envy in his heart than Katsuki. It was like a sick game..."

Dabi sighed and sat up from the couch. "Oh.... so you like Katsuki?"

Her eyes widened and she blushed profusely. "I-I don't know...."

Dabi rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Look.... to be honest, I don't like him very much. I can't forgive him for what he did to you.... but.... what I do know is that he does care about you. Both of them do...." He patted the top of her head and made her face him.

"But Shouto isn't perfect either. And I'm glad that you can somewhat see that now. He's young and stupid just like all teenagers, but he was raised to be the very best he can be. He's competitive and probably won't give up on you still. So please... let me remind you now that you always have a say in what happens in your life. You're not stuck being controlled anymore and you can choose your own path. Don't let those two control you and don't you dare let them do whatever they want to you if you're not comfortable with it, okay?"