20: A Wanted Kiss

Start from the beginning

He held in a breath and nodded slowly. Of course.. why did you have to fucking ask, idiot..

He leaned his head back against the arm rest and pulled the side lever so the footrest would pop up from beneath the chair. It allowed for them both to have some more room to lay on. "I'm sorry I asked.... what was he like?"

She leaned her head against his shoulder and smiled at remembering her parental figure of the past. "He was wonderful.... he used to sing to me all the time and tell me fairytale stories to bed. Before he left the family though, my mama would be nicer to me. She used to smile more and even enjoy me being around..." her expression dropped gradually.

"But... I think she started to hate him after he left. She felt as if she was stuck with me and that dad didn't care about her anymore. She felt disgusted... and revolted of us both..."

Katsuki furrowed his eyebrows and gently rested an arm behind her head. "Fuck her... she's no real mother to you. In fact, you're better off without her. She's done nothing but hurt you and.... she should never blame him for leaving like that. It wasn't anyone's fault.."

Karin cuddled up more against him. "He did say that he'd go out of town for a while... and he told me not to tell mom. I wonder if that's why she's upset..."

Katsuki remained silent for a few minutes before finally speaking up again. "Don't let people like her pull you down Karin... she's just a bitch. And... I don't know what Neito fucking said to you that day at lunch, but don't you dare making that keep you from what you love doing most. Trust me, you have a lot to learn, but you have some fucking potential you moron.."

She smiled wryly and looked up at him. "Alright.... what is your family life like?"

He made a tsk sound with his teeth and rolled his eyes. "Annoying... the old man is okay but my mom is a pain in the ass.. and an old hag.."

"Oh... how old are they?"

"What-? No no no, it's a damn expression! They're in their late thirties... I think."

Karin giggled lightly, startling him out of his mood. She barely ever does that... He relaxed more in the chair and kept her close so she didn't fall onto the floor.

For her, he was quite comforting. Yes, his temper was a pain to handle but deep down, she sensed a deeper character within. He wasn't the person he appeared to be. Laying next to him made her thoughts calm down to the edges of her mind.

She knew that he loved his family, so the answer wasn't to vague for her to understand their relationship easily.

"Thank you Katsuki.."

"For what?"

She surprisingly wrapped an arm over his torso before pulling him into a side hug. "For talking to us... and changing your mind about me..."
He stiffened in her grasp but didn't bother to push her away. He tightened his arms around her as well while he observed her carefully.

"You sure that Dabi will take care of you..?"

"Yeah I'm sure. Don't worry." She looked up at him with a small gleam in her yellow eyes. For a moment, he felt drawn to them. Part of him hated the fact that he's gotten attached to her over the past few weeks, but he couldn't help it. He wanted to know more about her, but his stubborn ass made him gradually move towards that goal.

"Katsuki?"

He snapped out of his embarrassing thoughts and observed her flustered expression. Instantly, he knew that she was reading his aura. Damn it!!

"Shut up, and go to sleep.."

She lowered her gaze and rested a hand on his shoulder. "You like me... dont you?"

His eyes widened before quickly narrowing them at her. "What the hell makes you think that??"

Her eyes changed from gold to pink incessantly as both emotions of embarrassment and admiration filled her mind. "You... always have a bright aura around me... right now it's pink."

"Pink?? What does that mean??"

"Well... admiration... love... a-and um..." She couldn't face him entirely without blooming into a blushing mess. His intense gaze never left her, making her fidget every few seconds.

"Does that fucking bother you?"

Well, that caught her off guard..

Her heart pounded in her chest as she hugged the rabbit closer to her body. Katsuki knew how uncomfortable she felt but didn't want to back down from the question. "N-no.... but Shouto feels the same though..."

God damn him...

"So? What about him?" His voice was laced with venom and she sensed the envy within him. Her hand rested on his chest. "why... don't you like him?"

He rolled his eyes. "The bastard is nothing but an extra to me. He's nothing.."

"Nothing....... well he always seems to anger you when he's around."

"No he doesn't.." He leaned closer to her and cupped the side of her face as his thumb brushed over her cheek. "How do you feel about him though?"

She pierced her lips and blushed immensely. "I-I don't know... he's been nice to me though..."

The anger inside him never left, but something else was there that she saw. He was desperate and longing for her alone.
"Katsuki, what's wrong?"

"I'm fine damn it..." His eyes were half lidded. Soon she realized for how close he actually was to her.

His hand slowly brushed against the side of her head before resting on the back of her neck. A burst of magenta flowed through him and part of her felt confused of what he may have been doing.

But before she could ask, his lips collided with hers.

Her eyes were left wide while he closed his. His lips were soft, igniting a soft spark in her chest from the contact. She was frozen with uncertainty. Only a few times in her life has she seen people do this, but how would she ever learn the ropes to it?

Katsuki felt her uneasiness and carefully led the kiss on as his other hand rested beside her waist.

What am I doing? Is this what I want? Am I doing this right? If I do.. I may miss.... Todoroki would be heartbroken...

They separated for air after a couple minutes, leaving her completely breathless and dumbfounded. Katsuki never released his hold as he kissed over to the side of her lips, then to her cheek and jawline.

Her eyes widened. What is he doing? What does dark pink mean? She sensed this new color all over him. Karin remembered seeing this a long time ago, but she never knew what this was. There were so many thoughts and feelings rushing through her. She was a ticking time bomb; she was praying that he couldn't hear her heartbeat through her chest.

Wait what is he doing?

Soon a sharp pain ran through the crook of her neck, making her jolt. Katsuki was biting into her skin, leaving dark purple marks with his teeth. "K-Katsuki??"

After leaving the marks, he kissed the edges of the freshly made wounds before sucking harshly on the skin. When he was done, he rested his head upon her shoulder, savoring the warmth of her.

Her on the other hand had her hands shaking as they rested on his back. "W-why did you hurt me?"

Katsuki kissed her cheek. "I marked ya dumbass. Now sleep."

"M-marked me? What does that mean??"

He rolled his eyes and rested his head on her shoulder before closing his eyes. His arms encased her closer to his chest, as he tried falling asleep. Marked..? What..... wait is something on my neck now? I-I thought he like me! Why is he so confusing..??