Chapter 49

The next two weeks we all worked on getting the fence up. The boys needed to make a few trips back to the place they got the fence from and while they were gone we worked on setting up all the houses to make them livable. We were able to get about half of them done with Jane and Edna's help. They were really nice people who began joining us for meals during the day and enjoyed spending time with Neil. Today the fence was completed and the boys had gone on a run for ammo, new clothes, knitting things for Jane, solar panels,
and things for Neil to do.

"I'm going to go hunt. I'll be back soon." I said.

"Do you want us to watch Neil?" Jane asked looking up from her knitting. She was making Neil a blanket with some of the yarn we had found in another house. Edna was more interested with the board games and playing with the kids.

"If you want." I replied. "I shouldn't be more than an hour or two."

"Well we have nothing better to do. Say, when are those boys going to put heat and electricity into our house."

"Well should be in about three days that you can use it because they are getting the panels today." I said. Jane nodded,

"Be safe. We'll see you in a bit."

I smiled and waved. The boys had found a silencer for my gun which was the best thing I could have right now. Rebel was getting bigger and I decided to ride him out today instead of Majesty. I put the now silenced rifle into the horse as I climbed onto him. We were off about three minutes later. I was able to get two deer since I had gone to two different areas. I got home around one and left the deer in the backyard. I grabbed Dukes bowls and filled them with food and water. He licked my arm as I put them down.

"Wanna go for a run?" I asked the dog. He barked excitedly and I yelled that we were going on a run and that we would be back soon. We ran around the neighborhood twice before heading home. Duke seemed to enjoy it and I refilled his water and he drank it quickly. He went to the living room and laid down next to Neil who was playing with blocks. I skinned the deer and made lunch for us. We ate then went back to what we were doing before. The day was relatively boring until the boys got home and we started to unpack what they brought. Around eight I made dinner and after eating I put Neil to bed. We played monopoly before Jane and Edna went back to their house and the kids went to bed. Landon, Luke, Blake, and I stayed up and talked.

"We are going on a run again to get things to make a greenhouse type thing and a larger fenced area for the horses, cow, and chickens." Landon said.

"But when will the fence for it be up? They all need more room than what they have right now." I said.

"By next week. I think. We are getting the solar panels up tomorrow for Jane and Edna then the day after we were going to go on a run for the fences." Luke told me.

"Alright. I want to come. I need to get out." I told them.

"Alright but you need to be careful. There's been people out more often." Blake said.

"Noted. Now I'm going to bed it's midnight." I said and headed upstairs. I woke up the next morning and began to unpack all the things the boys had brought back. They must've gone to a hospital because when I looked in one of the duffle bags there was casting materials, things to numb you before stitches and better painkillers. I looked in another and saw gowns and more medical supplies. I didn't know how to use them but I opened up a backpack and it was full of medical books. I took the two duffle bags to the infirmary leaving the medical books where they were. It took about fifteen minutes for me to unpack and organize everything. I got back to the house and made breakfast then I checked my watch. 5:37 am. Great I thought. I spent the day with the kids and putting together a bag that was full of things for tomorrow. Jane had offered to bake some cookies which I was all for, we had all the things to make it but her and Edna were the only ones that could cook. The day was rather boring and went like any other day while the boys were putting solar panels on the other house. Tomorrow we would go on a run for the fences and the glass for the greenhouse and animal area. I just hope we don't run into trouble.

________________________________
A/N
I have a publishing schedule finally. I'm going to start posting every Tuesday and Friday. Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far.