"Poor thing," Dwalin whispered and Dis glanced at him, nodding slowly.
"Indeed. She is going to wear herself out at this pace. You should go and find available housing for her. Nothing too big, it would feel empty. Something nice and well-lit." Dwalin nodded and he exited the room as quietly as possible. Dis turned to his younger son.
"You, find a maid and a guard that knows where she lives. Have the maid pack her everything she needs for at least a week and then come and find me." Kili nodded and hurried away.
"Thorin, find a place to bury both her parents and have someone move Bofot into the preparation room." Dis's voice was dark as well as Thorin's eyes, but he nodded and hurried away, Balin at his heels. Fili kneeled next to his mother.
"What do you want me to do?"
"I need you here, my back isn't in the condition that I could carry a tray, let alone help her up from the floor." Fili's eyes flashed with fear. What was he supposed to do if he needed to comfort her? He could handle a dozen orcs no problem, but a crying woman was wayyyy over his skillset. Especially when she was so beautiful that it made his legs turn into jelly.
"She is just a woman for Mahal's sake. You will be fine. Just think carefully about what you say." Dis snapped at him and started walking towards the woman who was now hiccupping next to his father's body.

Dis placed a gentle hand on the woman's shoulder, making her look up at her with big, red-rimmed eyes. Fili was still nervous but couldn't help but notice that even after crying and her eyes red and puffy, she was still just as beautiful as she was when she worked on dresses, eyes shining with joy. Not that he had been watching her when she was working. Because that would be creepy.
"Come now, dear." The woman shook her head violently and returned his eyes to the dead dwarf.
"I don't want to leave him. Don't make me leave him." She begged with a quiet voice, and Dis sighed.
"Come now, dear. You need to rest, he wouldn't want you to wear yourself out, would he?" The woman shook his head and pushed a strand of hair away from her father's face.
"He would not. He would tell me to stay strong." Dís smiled, and straightened her back, motioning Fili to come forward.
"That's right dear. Let's get you to your room." The woman took a ragged breath in and kissed his father's forehead before trying to get up on her shaking feet. Fili stepped forward and extended a hand to the woman while his heart was beating like crazy.
"Let me help you, miss." A small smile visited the woman's lips as she grabbed the hand and allowed Fili to pull her up. Wow, she was even more beautiful from up close like this.
"Thank you. And please, call me Y/N, being called miss makes me sound like I am my m-mother." A single tear ran down her face as her eyes got clouded with sadness again and Fili tensed, having no idea what to say. Not that he would be able to say anything anyway, her eyes rendered him speechless as she was staring straight into his. Luckily, Dis butted in.
"Let's get going then, we'll catch a cold if we keep standing here."

Y/N was reluctant to move and kept glancing back at the big hall where a small group of dwarves was now working on the body. Fili hesitantly slid his hand on her lower back and guided her ahead with it. After a while of walking, she started to look around.
"This isn't where we- I live." She turned to face Dis and she gave a warm smile featuring her to go inside a door they had just arrived at.
"It is where you live now, darling."
"But..."
"We'll talk about it in the morning. Now, I think you should rest." Dis spoke softly and the woman gave a hesitant nod before stepping into the room.
"I have to talk to my brother, but I'll see you tomorrow." With that, she left the room, leaving Fili behind before he could react.

Fili stood in the doorway nervous and not knowing what to say.
"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name." A soft voice sounded behind him, and he turned around to see Y/N looking at him with curious eyes that has a glint of something Fili didn't quite recognize.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Fili."
"Dis's son?" Fili shifted his weight from one leg to another.
"Yes."
"I didn't realize that you were a prince. I'm sor-." Y/N got up, probably to curtsey but Fili waved his arm dismissively and she stopped talking, glancing around the room and fiddling with the hem of her dress.
"No need for formalities, I don't really care about that." Y/N furrowed her brows, this was not how she had imagined the older prince to be. She had seen him in the halls, and she could not deny that the young prince was very handsome with his neatly trimmed beard and bluish-grey eyes but his personality wasn't as inviting. He seemed so collected and glum as he walked along the halls that it appeared that he was almost ... unfriendly.

Fili didn't miss the look in her eye and he smiled lightly.
"I know that I am not exactly known for being relaxed, that's more of Kili's job, but I'm only doing what's expected from me as I am the next to the throne." Y/N tilted her head, she was wondering why he was telling her this. Again, Fili noticed and a faint blush coated his cheeks.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'll leave you alone now, you are probably exhausted." Y/N's eyes flashed with sadness but she nodded.

She walked to the bed and turned around to see Fili standing in the doorway, hesitating. Y/N glanced at his face, and Fili took a deep breath before shifting his weight from his heels to his toes.
"I... I was just thinking if you wanted to talk more tomorrow. I would like to know you better." As she didn't answer right away, Fili panicked that he was moving too fast, she had just lost her parents after all.
"You don't have to! I just thought that it would take your mind off of the recent ... events." Fili lowered his voice at the last word, not wanting to make her cry. She still heard him and tears rose to her eyes, but she nodded nonetheless.
"That would be nice." Her voice was thick and her eyes shone with tears but she still managed to smile the smile that turned Fili's legs to jelly.
"Oh. Perfect. I mean... I'm looking forward to it. I'll see you tomorrow then." Fili gave her a quick wink and exited the room backward, leaving Y/N alone and with a faint blush.
"I wonder what that was about." She wondered to herself and prepared herself for bed. Even if she would probably lay awake and crying for most of the night.

I'm not dead, I'm back! I kept a small break from writing because of writer's block and a mountain of schoolwork but I'm slowly coming back. I'm working on part 2 for Unlike the others, I'll post it as soon as possible.