19: All Of It Is Just Talk, Right?

Start from the beginning

Dabi chuckled dryly. "Endeavor wasn't a much of a hero in our eyes, unlike the public. Isn't that right Shouto?"

Katsuki's jaw dropped as he turned to look at IcyHot. Kirishima and Karin both were left stunned. Todoroki bolted out of his seat and clenched his hands into fists. "T-Toya...??"

Dabi rolled his eyes and made a tsk sound with his teeth. "It's been a while hasn't it..?"

"Wait a minute!" Kirishima rested both sides on either side of his head and stared at Shouto. "Who is he??"

"Toya..... is a brother of mine.... he left the family at age fourteen and haven't heard from him since."

Karin's eyes widened as she observed the scene. Endeavor...... why do they both hate him? What happened? Why is Shouto sad..?

Todoroki bared his teeth. "You've been here this whole time! But why?? What about Natsuo and Fuyumi?? They've missed you!! I've missed you!!"

"God damn it Shouto, quit it! I thought about going back over and over again, but after everything Enji has done to us, I couldn't stand it anymore. My power would've been in his hands again and I couldn't take not being around you anymore. You were always his favorite- his everything! He wanted the future of the Todoroki family on you and not the rest of us anymore....... If I went back... Karin would've been alone again with that bitch and I didn't want her to go through what I did!!"

Karin stood up from her seat and gently held Shouto's hand. "Guys calm down..." She hated the fighting and screaming; tears started to fill her eyes.

Todoroki relaxed his shoulder and squeezed her hand even tighter. She was using her quirk to calm his nerves. Dabi took a step back and shoved his hands into his pajama pockets.

"That woman brought her back to the house that night and started to beat her, Shouto! She was no mother, no fucking human! I stormed into the house and fought her off with my quirk for the first time and made myself known. I threatened her! Protected Karin and finally did something with myself! With that girl, I felt like a true hero and she was the first true family member I ever had in my eyes! While her mother wasn't around I came to babysit and to pick her back up onto her feet. With me around, her mother couldn't lay a finger on her and that was all I ever wanted!! I taught her everything she knows- I'm the one that pushed her to tell her aunt about everything at home because I thought that going to her cousins was the right thing to do.."

Karin frowned and walked over to hug Dabi tightly after releasing Shouto's hand. He hugged her back gently and glared at Shouto. "I may be selfish and a no good junkie to the world.... but with her I felt like I could start all over again with my life."

He took her wrist and pulled down the sleeve to reveal the broken faint scars along her skin. "But god damn you Kirishima for allowing her to go to that school!"

Eijirou stiffened as the spotlight was painted on him.

"U.A is nothing but a place for low life shits with no shot at being a true hero! All of them only want fame or riches- just like Endeavor! Bringing her there was a mistake! She's not cut out for that type of life style and look at what happened!!" Karin shed more tears as her lips quivered.

"Who did this to her! What made her cut?!"

Silence hung heavy into the air as everyone was scared to say the next line. Karin's hands were shaking with anxiety as her mind raced around in circles. She hated being put on the spotlight- she regretted that night every single day, and there was no going back to it to change it...
Dabi was worried sick and she knew it.

"It was me..."

Katsuki Bakugou stood up from his seat on the couch with his head hanging low. Tears were beginning to form in his eyes, but he wouldn't let anyone see it for themself. "It was all me.."

Karin's eyes widened. "No..! No Katsuki it-"

Dabi released her instantly before stomping towards the ash blonde. Regret and sadness plagued Bakugou's glare to the floor as he flinched from feeling a rough hand clamp down on his shoulder. Blue fire emitted from the palm of Dabi's hand, making a shiver of fear run down the boys spine. "What did you do?"

Bakugou stared back up at him. "I'm sorry.."

He actually apologized..

He never does that!!

Karin shook her head and grabbed Dabi's shoulder. "Guys don't!"

Dabi bared his teeth and rushed over to slam Bakugou into a wall. "Answer me damn it!! What did you do??!!"

"I BULLIED HER GOD DAMN IT!!" Katsuki's voice finally broke and he was visibly shaking. "I DONT KNOW WHY! I WAS JUST AGITATED FOR HER SHOWING UP AND TAKING EVERYONE AWAY! BUT I WAS WRONG!"

Karin covered her hands over her mouth and held back a sob. She hasn't seen Dabi do this for a long time, and to see Katsuki like that was heartbreaking. She was terrified.

"I-I saw those scars on her arms the day after she did them a-and.... I felt horrible about it!! I caused that and I was the one that fucked everything up. I-I tried apologizing but I don't think it ever got through!"

Kirishima grabbed Karin's arm and led her towards them. "Calm them down," he whispered.

Eijirou yanked Dabi off while Karin made the swift move to rest a hand on both of their chests. She was standing between them in hopes of preventing anymore harm. Dabi's rage was dialed back down to compliant state while Bakugou's sorrows heart was slowly falling to contentment. Her eyes locked with the ash blonde. "I dont.. like seeing you cry.."

Dabi rolled his eyes and yanked Eijirou off him

Dabi rolled his eyes and yanked Eijirou off him. "You guys are pathetic. Karin is going no where."

Shouto clenched his jaw. "Her aunt and uncle are worried sick about her! You can't just-"

"I-I want to be here..." Everyone glanced at Karin. "I've missed him.... I don't want to go to UA anymore.. and I don't want to burden them anymore as my caretakers. You and Katsuki have been the only ones actually trying to understand me because of Kirishima. Everyone else only gave me worried looks but never tried to actually know me..."
She stepped closer to Katsuki and hugged him tightly. "But this is better for me..."

The ash blonde practically froze in her grasp and hesitated to embrace her back. After a few seconds, he slowly rested a hand onto the small of her back and relaxed his shoulders. "You're just going to leave all of us forever?" he breathed. "That's not fair! What the hell!"

"I don't want you coming here to visit Katsuki... or Shouto and Eiji. But maybe Dabi can bring me over to visit sometime..."

Shouto glanced back at Dabi and narrowed his eyes at him. "Will you do that for her at least?"

He pondered on the thought before rolling his eyes. "Whatever... as long as she's fucking happy.."