17: Karin Kirishima: Missing

Start from the beginning

The cold air hit his face, making him trying to relax his body before the search. The heat surrounded him came from the anger and anxiety burning through his chest. He's changed so much because of all of this, and he wish that she was safe back at home. Eijirou thought back to all those times Karin and him played in the park and had fun at his house.

She was his best friend, and the thought of something bad happening to her made his stomach tie into knots.

As he walked down the sidewalk, he spotted Todoroki and Bakugou sprinting towards him in the distance. Shouto looked to be on the verge of tears while Katsuki was trying his best to hold back his anger. "Where to look too first, shitty hair?!?"

Eijirou's hands were shaking as he started down the sidewalk. "I-I have no idea... but I'm not sleeping until she's safe at home.."

Todoroki brought out his phone and started texting Karin right away. He left many messages and many calls, but she never picked up. Fear clouded his mind as slight frost covered the right side of his body. Katsuki called too and found himself growling at the annoying sound of her monotoned voicemail.
"God damn it," he spat. "Just before internships as well! We only have the weekend to do this and she could be anywhere by now!"

Todoroki let out a shaky breath. "We just have to remain calm. She's strong and knows how to read her surroundings with her empathy quirk. Don't take her as a fool on the streets. You just need to pray and find her as quickly as possible.."

Katsuki rolled his eyes and gritted his teeth together. "But she's naive and is still in training. She can barely hold on her own against Kirishima, Icyhot!!"

Todoroki glared back at him. "Well maybe we wouldn't be in this mess if you didn't bully her to the point to where she wanted to commit self harm."

Katsuki clenched his hands into fists and lowered his gaze. Tears pricked the edge of his eyes as his lips trembled.

"SHUT UP!! DONT BLAME THIS SHIT ON ME WHEN WE ALREADY MADE UP!! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PART AND I FUCKING APOLOGIZED ALREADY!!!!"

Eijirou looked back at him with a dumbfounded look from hearing Bakugou's voice break. Todoroki only narrowed his eyes at him more. "It's about time you see how much of an asshole you really are. Quit pretending to care about her, when all you've ever done was stomp her to the ground since the very beginning."

Katsuki bared his teeth and was about to lunge at Shouto until Eijirou stepped into the way. "You two knock it off. Shouto, he already stopped and Karin forgave him. There's no need for this shit anymore! Right now, I need both of you to get your act together and help me track her down!"

Shouto remained silent while Bakugou kept his arms crossed over his chest with agitation. They kept walking as they scanned the area around them. Knowing her, Karin May have gone out to where barely any people dared to have entered. If she truly wanted to get away from home, it wouldn't be too hard to do so if she kept heading south.

Katsuki paused in his footsteps and grabbed Eijirou's shoulder. He jolted at his touch but raised a brow. "What?"
The ash blonde took a moment and glanced down at him. "Give me your phone."

"Why should I do that?"

Katsuki clicked his tongue and narrowed his puffy eyes at Eijirou. "Look, in the hopes that she still has her phone, we could possibly track her down using her number."

Todoroki was the first one to pull out the device from his pocket as he immediately went to download an app for that. Eijirou's eyes widened. "You're a fucking genius.."
Shouto typed away as he inserted Karin's number into the code before processing it all on the phone. Soon a map pulled up as it showed all three of them the blue pinpoint of her phones location.

Katsuki's eyes widened. "The southern Daku district."

***

Dabi couldn't believe for what he saw next. He held her hand while he stared down at her arm with fear in his blue eyes. She revealed the scars she made and didn't dare to look into his gaze. Her hands were shaking as she felt herself crumble. "What made you do it," he spat.

Karin didn't speak. She stared down at the floor and just hoped and prayed that he'd stop observing her mistakes. But for him, he felt an immense wave of anguish and anger. He grabbed her by the shoulders and narrowed his eyes at her. "How long ago was this??"

"A-about a few weeks ago.."

"God damn it Karin! You can't do this!!! Don't you fucking get it?? I would've never let you go with them if I knew that you'd only get worse!!"

Dabi hugged her tighter and rubbed her back. "Who hurt you? Was it Eijirou?"

She shook her head and let out a sob. "I-I'm sorry..!" He rocked her back and forth in his hold and tried to calm her down more. His quirk gave her a soft subtle warmth so she wasn't left in the cold. "Promise me.... you won't do this again. You are my responsibility whether you like it or not."

***

It wasn't long until she passed out on his couch. Blankets were wrapped around her figure while her light snores filled the room. He left the tv on as background noise while he made his way downstairs. His shirt hung over his shoulder while his chest was left bare.

To burn out his energy, he would fold his hands into fists and swing his knuckles against the punching bag hanging downstairs. He bared his teeth while he'd give in his all into each strike. Blue flames crossed over his skin, leaving black marks against the bag.

He was furious. Dabi was the one to push Karin into telling his cousin about her mother's abuse and so she was taken away. He blamed himself for her leaving and yet she came back looking the same. She still had that heartbroken gaze in her eye and those tears that shed down her face.

Students of U.A were nothing but low life bastards. The title of hero has fallen to be nothing but the card to wealth and fame. They were supposed to be able to help people, but in Karin's case, she was only pushed down again.

Those scars were proof that they were just all fakes. He was also disappointed of her cousin. He never truly met him before, but he was also someone that she somewhat depended on. When he wasn't around, her mother usually pushed her to her aunts house and they'd always play on their own. Where the hell was his support when she hurt herself?!

Next thing he knew, the chain broke open, making the punching bag fly back against the left wall from his last strike. Smoke fluttered off his skin as the ends of his tresses and fingers had blue fire emitted off them. She wouldn't tell him the truth of why she did it, meaning that it was obviously someone or many people bullying her to the point of no return..

And damn them...

Because all he desired now was to ring out the culprits neck.