11: Nightmares and Early Mornings

Start from the beginning

Eijirou's parents came rushing into her room and saw her in the state she was in. His mother cupped her hands over her mouth and soon sat by her side to comfort the situation. Eijirou's father ran downstairs to quickly make some hot chocolate for the occasion; it was one of the only few things that helped her on nights like these.

As her cousin rubbed her back, her aunt ran her fingers through her hair and sang her a lullaby. Kai was always known for having a gentle voice. Each note she sang came together into a lovely tribute of song. She was like an angel, and soon enough, Karin's heartbeat started to slow down from its high.

Her tight hold on Eijirou started to loosen slightly, but she didn't want to lose his warmth and protective figure. He never left her in a time of need and that's what she loved most about him. He was truly an amazing person...

As time flew by, all four of them ended up in the living room, letting Karin watch tv as she drank the hot chocolate quietly. Everyone was piled up on the couch, nearly half asleep. Karin out of all of them couldn't even manage to shut her eyes. The fear of sleeping was so bold, but on the other hand, she felt horrible for bringing her family down like this.

She leaned her head against Eijirou's shoulder, making him smile slightly. "Love ya KK," he sighed. His elbow rested on the arm of the couch, while he leaned onto the palm of his hand. He couldn't stay up for much longer and let himself fall asleep gradually.

"Love you too," she muttered. She set her empty glass down and cuddled up against him as her dull eyes stared at the screen. They remained grey..

She's had the same type of nightmares about her mother for the past year and a half. It was almost uncontrollable and it pained her when everyone else always bent to her needs. Her family was exhausted but never bothered to say anything.

Why..?

Why do they care so much anymore.. even after seeing my scars?

Her eyes drifted to the rough pigments of skin on her arms to where her scars laid. They weren't so noticeable anymore, but the memory of it was still there. They asked her many times of why she did it..

Maybe it was because she was tired of being strong for too long..

***

"KATSUKI WAKE UP, YOU BASTARD!!"

A pillow was thrown at the ash blonde, startling him of his dreams. His night couldn't have been any more peaceful; lucky him right?

"God damn it, you fucking hag!" His arm dangled over the side of his bed as the pillow laid over his face. He was not in the mood to get up early on the weekend. Aww shit, I told her to wake me up early didn't I..?

His eyes fluttered open as he sat up slowly in bed. What was the reason again?

Mitsuki sighed with annoyance as she grabbed the pillow and whacked him across the face with it. "You asked me to wake your ass up and now you're acting like a fucking zombie! Get up! You wanted to visit a friend didn't ya?!"

Oh right..

He bared his teeth and grabbed the pillow from her grasp. "IM UP DAMN IT! Jesus!!"
She rested her hands on her hips and observed his organized room. He spent the previous night cleaning it so she wouldn't rat out his ass about it today.
"Who is this friend anyways kid?"

He narrowed his eyes at his mother and made a tsk sound with his teeth. "As if I'd tell you." He got up and started to pull up the covers so he'd make his bed for the day. You know for a strange hedgehog like him, he was actually decent when it came to his room and living space.