9: Disappointment

Start from the beginning

"It's nice to meet you Todoroki. Just make yourself at home. Karin is upstairs in her room at the moment but would you like some tea?"

"No thank you..." He wasted no time in going upstairs to find Karin. He approached the door and noticed that it was cracked open slightly. His heterochromatic eyes landed on her slim figure laying curled up in bed.

A small frown came to his lips as he knocked. He noticed her wiping off her face- possibly from tears. "Come in."

Todoroki closed the door behind him and stepped closer to her bed. He noticed that she was hugging her stuffed animal while she stared at her blank wall. He sat beside her. "Karin.... what happened? Everyone noticed that you were gone from Ground Beta and everyone started to worry.."

She gave a fake smile. Not everyone.... so many people think I'm a freak...

He rested his palm upon her shoulder. "Tell me." Her uniform sleeves still covered her arms so of course he didn't know. Why does he care..?

She slowly sat up and started to get emotional again. Tears already danced along her red cheeks. "You're gonna hate me," she breathed. His eyes widened slightly at the sight and he shook his head.
"Why would I? What's going on?"

She looked down at her covered arms and slowly pulled up the sleeves of her uniform. Her scars were there for him to see that the faded marks were finally out in the open. Todoroki's stiffened. No words spilled out of him and his blood ran cold. The air around him turned frigid from the use of his quirk and Karin was shaking from his intense stare.

"I-I'm sorry," she whispered.

Frost covered over Todoroki's right cheek and his hands were shaking. His hands reached out of her but she flinched, expecting to be smacked. But instead, his arms wrapped tightly around her. He pressed her against his chest and clenched his jaw. "How can you do something so stupid...??"

Her arms wrapped around his torso as well and she buried her face into crook of his neck. He was freezing and her room was quickly dropping in temperature. She could visibly see her own breath. "T-Todoroki..."

He sighed and used his left side to bring warmth across her. She sighed in relief and enjoyed the heat his quirk gave off. He wouldn't let her go and so she let him stay. And besides, he was her only source of heat in the room.
He finally broke the silence. "What made you do it?"

She frowned and looked up at him. "I don't know..."

"Don't give me that! Was it Bakugou?? Was is me???" His harsh tone startled her and she hid her face away into his shoulder.

"No... I just don't know what got into me....."

He closed his eyes buried his face into her shoulder. Her eyes widened at the gesture and she recalled of what she sensed from him the other day. He likes me...

She gently broke the hug and made him face her. "Todo-"

"Don't... call me that."

He looked down at her and frowned. "It's just Shouto."

Blush blanketed her cheeks and her eyes never left his. It's like he's battling with himself on whether the feeling is true or not. His affection for me is so distant but slowly growing..

She nodded and wiped away more of the tears that fell out of her. "But why are you here? What's the point..?" Deep down she wanted to know the truth.

He clenched his jaw and grabbed her wrists. "Stop that," he hissed. "You matter! Don't you get it??" Her lips trembled and she started having a panic attack. "N-no i Don't..."

He grabbed her shoulders after releasing her wrists and shook her lightly. "Damn it- Yes you do! Everyone is worth something," he growls. "You have two unique quirks and you have so much potential!!"

Why didnt he just admit it?... he isn't telling me..

***

Funny of how it all ended. Karin fell asleep from the use of emotional energy today and Todoroki sat next to her on the bed. He covered her with the blankets while she snored softly.

But he was lost in thought. Everything he learned from that day went by with a blur and he almost felt numb to it all.... almost.
Part of him was just so angry at her actions and also by Katsuki. He knew that he just had something to do with it...

He just had to.