Her eyes widened with fear and immediately her throat felt dry. He rolled his eyes and stormed off down the hall.

Midoriya lowered his gaze. "I-I'm Sorry... I shouldn't have gotten in the way Karin. I-"

His eyes widened more as he saw that Karin had tears in her eyes. She fidgeted with her uniform sleeves and her eye color changed to blue. "K-Karin?? Why are you crying??"

Eijirou snapped out of his thoughts and turned around to see his cousin. "Aww Karin. Hey it's okay, he's just stubborn and can be a real idiot at times!" He pulled her into a tight hug and she hid her face away.

Midoriya frowned and looked at him. He felt really bad for somehow getting Karin involved and he wanted to make up for it. She was emotional but he just assumed a small amount of it was because of her quirk. Katsuki could be such a pain at times.

He tapped her shoulder and looked at her. "Hey don't worry about him. We w-won't let him hurt you, okay?"

She wiped away her face and nodded slowly. Eijirou frowned and glanced at him with a look of warning.
Wait... warning?

Izuki looked confused but Karin was too busy trying to calm herself down. She took a deep breath and sighed. "I-I got to go..."

"Go? Go where?" Eijirou asked.

"K-Kaminari invited me to see a movie," she whispered.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. Just head back to the house and I'll talk to ya later."

She nodded and picked up her bag again. "Okay.."

"And you better not have too much fun! Smack 'im if he tries anything!" Gosh he sounded like a dad..

She hid her blushing face away and hurried down the corridor and out the doors. Eijirou rubbed the back of his neck and realized that him and Midoriya were the only ones left in the hallway. "Kirishima?"

He looked back at him and contemplated on whether to tell him. Karin felt more like a sister than anything and of course him and possibly the rest of the classroom would find out something one way or another.

"Midoriya... can I trust you with keep a small secret for now?"

"Um.. sure. W-what is it?"

He took a deep breath and crossed his arms over his chest. "Alright, from what you've just seen here, Karin is a bit... emotional at times. She's sensitive and isn't like some of the other girls in the class alright..."

"Oh... s-So is it a ... disability or..?"

"I don't know. Possibly. Her home life hasn't been the best either growing up and she's had it rough..
I just hope that people don't take advantage of that, ya know?"

Midoriya nodded and smiled. "She's pretty nice though. I-I'm sure she'll be alright. What's... her home life like? How bad is it?"

Eijirou lowered his gaze. "Heh... it's.. complicated." He was lying through his sharp teeth and honestly, he just didn't have the heart to tell him.

"Complicated? Is... someone hurting her?" Izuki's eyes widened and he stiffened but immediately Kirishima shook his head.

"No no no! Well... not so much anymore. You see... her father died of a villain attack when she was ten, so her mother's been one of the only ones to take care of her back then. But... she used to drink a lot... and was buried in debt from the funeral bills and house payments. She brought her anger out on Karin and ... I believe that's a reason for why she's sensitive to such vulgar speech. Just recently this past year, she's been staying at me and my parents house so her and her mother could get some time apart."