With You - Chapter 10

Warning: This is an AU fan fiction!

↓ ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ 

"Soraru-san...?" called out that person at the door as he panted, seeming shocked at Soraru's presence in the room.

Soraru dropped the man who he was holding onto until just now. He looked around him, noticing the horrified expressions of the people in the room. He looked back up at Mafumafu, and he was the only one who had a different look on his face even after witnessing what had happened here.

Mafumafu looked worried, panicked, surprised.

"Soraru-san, you shouldn't be here," said Mafumafu, his voice trembling a little. He slowly walked towards him, and so did Soraru.

His mind was already as bright as the day, already forgetting the anger that got to his head when he was described how Mafumafu was beaten up in this very room. He wanted to hold him in his arms, and just hug him tightly against himself, breathing in his scent to further calm himself down. But Soraru didn't. He stood in front of Mafumafu, looked into his eyes, and surprisingly enough, Mafumafu looked back into his.

"Are you not afraid?" asked Soraru. He wasn't sure what he was expecting Mafumafu to answer him with, but he just simply wanted to know.

"No," answered Mafumafu.

"Even after knowing what I did?"

Mafumafu blinked a couple of times after hearing Soraru's question before letting his eyes dart around the room, watching Luz holding onto his injuries with his hands, and Nqrse being kept down by Kashitarou at the far end of the room.

"... You wouldn't hurt me," said Mafumafu quietly. He walked past Soraru, and towards Nqrse, politely asking Kashitarou to let him go. Kashitarou glanced at Soraru for a second, only letting Nqrse go when Soraru gave him a very brief nod. Nqrse was a smart one, and Soraru believed he wouldn't do anything rash to risk his life. "Are you okay, Nqrse-chan?"

"I'm so glad you're here, Mafu-kun," said Nqrse as he gave Mafumafu a troubled smile before looking over at Luz worriedly.

Soraru wondered where did that confidence Mafumafu had in him come from when he was so afraid to rely on him until just not too long ago, and yet he could already talk back to him like that as if he knew best about who and what Soraru was. Soraru smiled, happy at the thought that Mafumafu was willing to trust him. It was true that Soraru would never hurt him. If he wanted to, he would have done that when they first encountered each other.

He went up to Luz, and grabbed him by the collar, forcing him to stand up.

"Bastard, let me go!" shouted Luz. He pulled out a small knife from a hidden pocket under his coat, and Soraru couldn't dodge the sudden attack from him because Luz closed the distance between them, stabbing the knife into Soraru's lower right abdomen without letting him have the chance to move away.

"Soraru-san!" cried Mafumafu, wanting to run up to Soraru but was stopped by Soraru with a hand up at him. Mafumafu stayed in place, bit on his lower lip, and had a pained expression on.

Soraru gritted his teeth when Luz twisted his knife in him. Luz applied more strength on the end of hilt, causing the knife to drive in deeper, and Soraru could feel blood gushing out of his wound when Luz finally pulled his knife out. Luz let out a breath, and laughed before ending up in a coughing fit. Even so, Soraru did not let go. He dragged Luz to the middle of the room, and kicked him at the back of the knees to make him kneel before Mafumafu.