Mine - Chapter 11

Warning: Most of it would be in a first-person perspective!

It's a pretty long chapter.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

"Onii-san?!"

Soraru-san turned around to look at me, bewildered. I intended to run up to the both of them, but I forgot at that instant that my body was still hurting, so I ended up staggering forward. I didn't come into contact with the ground though. I fell into a pair of strong and gentle arms instead, and when I lifted my head up to look at him, it was Soraru-san.

"... Thank you, Soraru-san,"

He shook his head, and circled one arm around me, resting his hand on my hip as he helped me make my way to my elder brother. My elder brother, he didn't look very pleased at my appearance. After not seeing him for so long, as always, he was as cool as ever, dressed up in a business suit, looking all smart and intelligent, he was perfect, unlike me. He was someone I looked up to, someone who I strived to be.

Soraru-san walked away to take out a clean and dry towel from his bed room, came back to me, and began helping me dry my hair. I told him that he didn't need to do that, but he said I would catch a cold if I didn't, and he promised it would be over soon, so I let him.

"O-Onii-san, why are you here? How did you know this place?" I asked. I had a lot of things I wanted to ask, since it had been a long time since we last saw each other but I thought these were the first few things I would like to know from him.

He ignored my questions, and instead grabbed onto my wrist. It hurt, and I flinched inwardly at the pain.

"We're going home, Mafu," he said, his voice was ice cold.

"What?" I questioned his statement. Where was this 'home' he was talking about in the first place?

"... You mustn't stay here any longer," he glanced over at Soraru-san with disgust. Soraru-san only stared back at my brother, his facial expression stoic. "Not with this man,"

What was that all about?

"No," I said firmly, holding onto Soraru-san's sweater. I was nervous. I never once said "no" to any of my family members, especially my brother since he was the one who took care of me, and I was grateful for that.

... But my brother was clearly being disrespectful to Soraru-san. And I just couldn't bear seeing Soraru-san take all of these unnecessary criticisms that my brother was ready to spit at him.

"Mafumafu," said my brother, his tone low and stern.

"I'm not leaving, Onii-san," I replied. Home was where Soraru-san is. I attempted to retrieve my hand from him, but his grip strengthened around my wrist, causing me to draw a sharp breath under reflex. "Let go-"

"You're not allowed to be with this man! He's not any good for you!" he spat.

"Please let go of him,"

I lifted my head up upon hearing Soraru-san's voice. He was looking pretty upset, but was trying to contain himself. Even at crucial times like these, I thought I melted a little when I realised he was keeping all of it in for my sake, because he knew I hated being in situations like these. He knew that we could avoid unnecessary fights if one of us stayed calm.

Soraru-san grabbed onto my brother's wrist, his eyes looking straight into his. Soraru-san's dark blue eyes shone with anger; seeming a tone darker than usual, and they were filled with hostility.