Goodbye - Chapter 7

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction (Sakura Tree x Boy).

If you're fine with it then please enjoy!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

If it meant to protect you.

-

Spring was almost over and it had been a while since Mafu went to the park. He was rolled up under his blanket, at the corner of his bed. Mafu had not left his room ever since he came back home from the park that day, not even for his job, or for food. Definitely not for that person either. You might be wondering, how can Mafu live in his room without necessities? But of course, there was someone who possessed the keys to his house. Not to mention that his room was connected to the washroom.

Mafu flinched under his blankets when he heard a click at the front door from his room. The sound was actually loud enough to be heard from a room with its doors closed. He listened closely as the door into his house creaked open, the sound of the footsteps stepping into his house sounded like there was more than one person who came in today.

"Mafu-kun?" he heard someone call him after a thud sound was made. It must have been him putting the things he brought on the floor. Mafu decided to not reply to it, pulling onto his blanket, he curled up into a ball and buried his face into the sheets.

He heard whispering outside his room, but Mafu did not feel like eavesdropping anymore. He closed his eyes, and thought about him. All he wanted now, was him to be here by his side. Yet it felt like he was going somewhere, somewhere far where Mafu could not reach him. What he said the other day made Mafu consider, reconsider, and then repeat.

Mafu could not do it. He could not bring himself to do it. He could not just forget about him. Soraru was the very first person he thought he was comfortable with. And after what he just did to him, there was no way Mafu could have done it. He blamed him for doing things at him. If he did not and just told him that he did not hold any feelings for him, then wouldn't have things gotten easier from there?

"Mafu-kun?" someone knocked on his door lightly, twice. "Open up, I've not seen you in a while. I'm glad that you're finishing the food I left at the doorway but please let me see you," he pleaded, but Mafu only held onto his blankets, not wanting to give a response.

Another click.

And then the sound of the door being pushed open.

"Uwah... Mafu-kun," the 'intruder' came in, and flipped the lights on. The room was instantly brightened up. Pillows and blankets were scattered everywhere, piles of clothes could be seen at one corner of the room. Bottles of finished and unfinished water were lined up unevenly beside the bed. "How long has it been since you cleaned your room?" he asked as he picked up some of Mafu's T-shirts from the ground out of habit.

Mafu did not say anything. He did not expect him to have a copy of keys to his room as well.

He heard the 'intruder' sigh. Before he could react, his blankets were pulled off of him. He tried to take it back but he could not, not when he was in this state, where he did not even have the energy left to talk back.

"Amatsuki-kun," he called out, weakly, still trying to reach for his blanket. "Give it back,"

"Look at you," Amatsuki threw the blankets onto one side of the ground, far away from Mafu. "Your eyes are swollen. How long were you crying?" he reached out to rub the tear stains off of Mafu's cheek with his thumbs, he frowned, obviously worried.