With You - Chapter 9

Warning: This is an AU fan fiction!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

He fluttered his eyes open, and what was before him was a Soraru with his eyes closed, breathing steadily as his chest rose and collapsed at each breath. They were both lying on their sides, facing each other. Soraru had his arms around Mafumafu's body, holding him as he slept. Mafumafu let his forehead rest against Soraru's chest as he let out a sigh.

How long had it been since they fell asleep? Mafumafu had not a single idea. He looked around the room that was dimly lit by the sunlight that crept through the curtains of the windows. Slowly and carefully, he removed Soraru's arms around him, and got out of his hold without waking him up. The man needed his sleep, and Mafumafu didn't want to be the one to disrupt it.

He placed Soraru's arms back down on the bed gently then he just sat there with his feet tucked underneath him and watched Soraru, admiring his face as he slept. He definitely looked younger in his sleep. Mafumafu reached out and let his thumb caress Soraru in between the brows, where wrinkles would form when he frowns worriedly at him then he moved his hand to cup Soraru's face, stroking his cheek with his fingers lovingly before he retrieved his hand and got down from his bed.

He had not a single idea how he deserved having to know Soraru, but he learned to appreciate him as long as he was alive. He was not going to let Soraru get hurt, which was why he couldn't stay here any longer, not before Luz found him with Soraru.

He opened the window that was by Soraru's desk, lifted a leg, and carried his weight up as he stepped on the window sill. He looked at Soraru once more before he slid out of the window, and kept low as he ran quietly to the walls, going back to where he belonged after finishing what he was here for.

-

Soraru stretched his arms out on his bed, patting his hands on it as if he was trying to look for something. He opened his eyes to find that he was no longer here with him. He propped his body up, and looked around the room.

No one was here. It was just him.

The bed no longer had his warmth. It was cold. Mafumafu must have left first thing in the morning, thought Soraru.

He pushed his hair back and ruffled it up in a frustrated manner, and let out a heavy sigh as he reflected on the things he did to Mafumafu last night. But he absolutely did not regret doing it. It had been Soraru's desire to know how soft and warm those lips were the night when they had the ball, and now that he finally knew how they felt like, it felt as if kissing him was going to turn into a habit.

He wished he kissed him more if he knew Mafumafu was not going to be by his side when he wakes up in the morning.

Come to think of it, it had been a while since he actually fell asleep.

Soraru got out of his bed, cleaned himself up, and changed into his clothes, putting on his navy blue coat over himself before he left his room. He immediately headed to the princess' bedchamber, and saw 96neko by the door of the room. She noticed Soraru instantly, and jumped up and down as she waved frantically at him.

"What are you doing, 96neko?"

96neko stopped jumping, and instead planted her feet on the ground with her hands on her hips. She seemed relatively upset, and Soraru could guess why.

"Why didn't you tell me that Lon-chan was hurt?"

"It's already late at night, there wasn't any need to wake you up for-"