When I First Saw You - Chapter 4

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction. ABO. (Long)

May contain contents that are not very healthy.

If you're fine with it then please enjoy!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

This morning when Soraru woke up, he groaned as he rubbed the back of his head. He got out of the bed, went into the kitchen and made himself some coffee, putting in 3 cubes of sugar because he didn't like it bitter. Soraru thought of knocking on the wall just now, but it wouldn't be nice to disturb a patient and so he refrained from doing so. He went into the washroom to wash up, changed into some clean clothes and was ready to head out.

Before Soraru stepped out of his room, he sat down on the steps at his entrance way, trying to put on some decent shoes as he had formal businesses to deal with today. Everything seemed to be of the same as usual except the fact that he was tired. Oh, and this bad feeling he had in his stomach for quite a while now.

He chose to ignore the feeling, took his keys and opened the door.

Soraru's face crunched up a little the moment he walked out of the door. He quickly, as if somehow used to it, pulled his reigns under control, suppressing his aroused sexual desire down, trying to think about something else other than sex. He was good at it, and still was because he didn't want to have to hurt an Omega. The reason to why Soraru was acting this way was because of some Omega's pheromones mixing in the air. He tried to control his breathing so that it didn't sound ragged. The smell was strangely, even more tempting than normal this time for some reasons, not to mention that it was fairly addicting as well. Soraru noted to himself that he should be careful with this neighbour of his who smells like honeysuckle and oranges.

"Mafu-kun, what are you doing?! Get back in there!" he heard someone shouted. Soraru turned to look to his right and there he was.

He found him.

He was stared at by those huge ruby red eyes again, and he did the same back at him. Both of them did not move an inch until his friend broke the moment between them.

"Mafu-kun, what is it?" his friend sounded extremely torn, unsettled, not knowing what was going on.

He, 'Mafu-kun', eventually came back to his senses first, blinking at Soraru for a few times. Soraru watched quietly as his face turned red, eyes widening at the sight of him. Oh heavens, he's so cute. Mafu reached for the doorknob and slammed it shut immediately after that, leaving both Soraru and his friend outside. His friend went and knock on the door, his tone implied that he was worried.

"Ngh... I need time to calm down..." Soraru heard him say behind the door. Things seemed to be falling onto the ground as he heard Mafu walk back into his room.

His friend sighed and turned to look at him. "Hello, we've met before, I believe," he took out his hand, offering a handshake but Soraru did not take them. He knew the reason behind it and put his hand down. "My name is Amatsuki,"

"Soraru," Soraru introduced himself. "I'm sorry I couldn't shake your hand,"

"It's fine! I should be the one apologizing here. I'm surprised you're still sane after being exposed to..." he cleared his throat, deciding to end the topic at where it should. "Anyway, I'm really sorry. He was just not in his right mind at the moment,"

A loud bang was heard and it came from Mafu's door. "Don't make me look like I'm crazy!"

"Oh my God, Mafu-kun, what did you just throw at the door?!" Amatsuki exclaimed, trying to check if there was a dent on the door, which was hilarious. "Problems Omegas face, if you'll excuse him," he turned his head to tell him that.

Soraru only cleared his throat at that. He needed to get out of here, as soon as possible. It explained why it was so irresistible from the start, now that all the pieces had come together. Because it was not just any Omega, but the Omega who he sort of 'took a liking' to, and he just so coincidentally come to know his name as 'Mafu' the moment he stepped out of his door. The complex feelings that were currently all bottled up in Soraru felt like it was about to explode.

Plus, let us not forget about the sweet scent in the air. It was getting harder and harder to keep track of his thoughts as time passed.

"I'm sorry, but you were heading out somewhere, weren't you?" Amatsuki asked. What great timing, thought Soraru, relieved that he was able to find his way out of here before something bad happens.

"Yeah, I have a few stuffs I need to get done today. So..." Soraru let his sentence trail, wanting the Omega friend to get a hint.

"I understand. I was on my way to the nearest grocery store too!" Amatsuki beamed at him, wanting to pat him on the shoulder but stopped before he touched Soraru, smiling apologetically at him as he retrieved his hand. "Mafu-kun, at least apologise to Soraru-san! We've caused too much trouble for him already!" he scolded, sounding more like a mother than a friend for a moment there.

Soraru groaned mentally. How much longer was he supposed to stand here? And there was no reply from Mafu at all. He heard Amatsuki sigh and walked pass him, waving goodbye. Amatsuki complained about how rude Mafu was, shaking his head as he did. Soraru watched him go and was ready to set out himself.

Then he paused on his feet.

"... I'm sorry for the trouble," he heard him say behind the door.

But that was not it. He did not care about getting his apology at all.

"Are you mad, Soraru-san?"

He called out his name.

"... Soraru-san?"

Soraru turned his body, and leaned his arm on the door. He could barely control his breathing anymore. Neither did he have energy to. Trying to keep his cool, Soraru drew in a deep breath, let it out, and repeat the process until he managed to get his words out. He tried to not show, but as he tried to mentally tie himself down, it took up so much energy to the point his body shook.

"Mafumafu-san," there was a slight tremble in his voice, still not recovered from it yet (and of course he wouldn't until he get himself as far away from this place as possible). "... I need to go," and he meant it. He had never thought that he would be grateful for the word 'need' to exist.

His throat felt dry, as if telling him that he needed this, to do what Alphas do best, screw them Omegas good. "Be a good boy and stay inside. Don't let anyone else in, okay?" he said, trying to sound soft on his tone. He got no reply from Mafu. Not that he wanted any from him.

Okay, maybe he did.

Soraru knew that Mafu was right behind this door, and with his strength, he could push this flimsy door down in just a matter of seconds. He knocked at his door lightly, just like how he did from last night. And without further delay, Mafu knocked back too.

Soraru smiled. Who knew he could smile in a situation like this? He needed to get away now, before he does anything that he would regret after.

"I'll be back soon," he said, even though they don't live in the same room. But the sentence came out naturally from his mouth, as if it were meant to be said to him. Mafu thumped lightly on the wall in response again, thank goodness (or Soraru would have no idea how long he would wait for Mafu to give him a reaction).

He turned to walk away, his shoes made tapping noises as he climbed down the stairs. Soraru massaged his temples, attempting to get a grip of himself.

He couldn't wait to get home tonight.

TBC

A/N: Thank you for reading! I'm sorry for its slow progress but it needed to be done! Also, I might not be able to update until the end of August. <3 <3