Mine - Chapter 3

Warning: Most of it would be in a first-person perspective!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ 

I had always wanted to make him mine. My family gave me support even though it was a forbidden love. My close friends gave me encouragement even though it was not how nature should work. It made me wonder what do they actually thought about these feelings of mine.

I sat in my seat at the coffee shop I often go to, sipping onto my coffee carefully before I asked:

"Do you not find this unpleasant?"

My friend looked at me, a confused look on his face. He thought for a moment there, giving my question a little consideration before answering. He tilted his head to the right.

"What do you mean by 'unpleasant'?"

"Well, you know, unpleasant, a synonym to disgusting?"

I watched as he tilted his head to the other side.

"Which part of this is unpleasant?"

"Amatsuki-kun!" I said, a little louder than I should. I was getting a little impatient, though I really shouldn't because he was kind enough to listen to me talk about my problems, love problems. But it felt like he was making fun of my feelings, I couldn't help it. "I'm being serious here!"

"Calm down," he laughed, picking his cup of carbonated drink from the table, bringing it to his lips. Amatsuki-kun was staring at me all the while as he drank his coke, and when he started talking again, he sounded serious. "What do you think of this, Mafu-kun?"

"Wha- Why are you asking me when that was my question to you?"

"I wanted to hear your opinion about this,"

"But!"

I sat up in my chair.

"Mafu-kun,"

I looked down at my cup of coffee, not knowing what to say. My opinion about this? I had never talked to anyone about it since no one asked. When I first told Urata-san, all he said was "I'll be rooting for you," without further butting into my privacy. I looked back at Amatsuki-kun who was still waiting for me to say something.

"He..." I swallowed a lump that was stuck in my throat. I quickly took a sip from my cup before continuing. "You do know what I work part-time as, in order to support myself in terms of finance, right?" I asked, wanting to confirm with him first before I let my mouth run loose.

His eyes darkened for a second, but he nodded.

"... When he first came in as a customer, when I first saw him with my own eyes, my heart told me that he was dangerous,"

"Dangerous?"

"I don't know how to properly explain this, but it was a hunch. A bad hunch," I took in a deep breath. "Leaving his physical appearance aside; which I must say, is absolutely gorgeous, he... is a very kind and gentle man,"

He would carry the sleepy me into the bathroom after vigorous activities to clean up, making sure I was all clean and warmly tucked under the covers in bed after that. He would ask me for permission before doing something because he said he doesn't want to do something that I wouldn't like, and doesn't want to force it on me. He would ask me what I wanted for breakfast the next morning because he said I was too thin for my own good and that I shouldn't starve, and many other little things he did for me. Never had I have anyone treated me like this until he came by.