Goodbye - Chapter 8

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction (Sakura Tree x Boy).

If you're fine with it then please enjoy!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Then what's so great about the wounds I've gotten from it.

-

"So why is Kashitarou-san in a mask?"

Amatsuki opened his mouth, ready to answer but Kashitarou was the one who said it in the end, "Because I can't show my face to anyone except for the one I decided to love for my entire life," he ended his sentence with a smile, directed not to Mafu but to Amatsuki. It was the warm and fuzzy kind where it leaves one feel fluffy and all. Amatsuki blushed and looked away from Kashitarou. "To simply put it, it's a maple tree spirit thing,"

It was a brief explanation but it was more than enough. Still, Kashitarou answered it smoothly, he must have been asked this question a lot.

"Even if that just now was just a blind guess, one wouldn't usually think about tree spirits. Mafu-kun, how did you know about their existence?"

Amatsuki asked, refusing to let Mafu change the subject, his eyes was filled with curiosity.

Mafu placed his spoon back into the bowl. He had just loss his appetite after knowing that there was a tree spirit in his room. Not that he was disgusted by the fact that Kashitarou was not a human, how could he? It was just that it reminds him of things he did not want to remember.

"I don't really want to talk about it,"

Amatsuki was stunned by how cold Mafu's tone became. He looked at Mafu in the eye. "Are you okay?"

"No," Mafu decided to be honest because he was indeed not okay.

"Ma-" as his best friend, Amatsuki wanted to know about the details no matter it being short or long, he began opening his mouth but was interrupted by Kashitarou who just finished his packet of juice.

"You know, Mafu-kun. You smell familiar,"

Amatsuki turned to look at his lover, his face was read by Mafu as 'What in the world is this guy talking about?' Mafu felt the same. It was the first time they met so there was no way in heavens that Mafu was familiar to Kashitarou, and by the smell at that, too? That was beyond weird.

"Kashitarou-san, were you cheating on me?"

"What?! No! I would never!" Kashitarou ran over to Amatsuki, sat down with both his knees together, his back straight as he looked at him by all seriousness. "That thought never crossed my mind before, not even once," his voice low, making it sound genuinely true. He pecked Amatsuki lightly on the lips, wanting him to believe what he just said.

Amatsuki pulled back, one of his hands covering his mouth, he blushed. "What are you doing?! Get out!"

So they were showing off their relationship in the end? Mafu sighed heavily. If he were to have a relationship with Soraru, he would love to do the same but turned out that they were not meant together.

"What I meant about Mafu smelling familiar was that one of my buddies possesses that smell," Kashitarou started explaining while Amatsuki was still trying to get him out of the room. "And it's a one-and-only thing,"

"Because he's the only cherry blossom spirit in the whole of the spirit world. Could it be that he left a mark on you?" immediately after Kashitarou asked that question, he paused to think for a bit, his pupils moved up to his right as he tried to remember. "That's not right... He doesn't like humans. The only one he has ever approved of was Amatsuki-kun..."

"You mean Soraru-san?" Amatsuki asked. "Mafu-kun, you met Soraru-san?"

Mafu flinched at that question. He did not know what to say. Should he tell them that the truth, or should he not? But before he could say anything Amatsuki sat beside him on the bed and patted him on the back. "Why are you crying?" he heard him ask. Mafu lifted his hand to touch his cheeks, it was wet. There was no other choice.

He sucked in a breath. "I like him," Mafu paused, taking another breath before continuing. "But he told me to forget about him," he choked on his words. Even the mentioning of what he said pained him. Mafu was not confident if he could finish telling them his part of the story but he managed to, somehow.

As soon as he finished, it started raining.

"Soraru-san," Mafu whispered his name. "Soraru-san," he said it again, only louder this time. He stood up and glanced around his room, as if looking for something. He scanned through the piles clothes on the ground, then stumbled towards his closet to look for something to wear.

"Mafu-kun, what's wrong?" Amatsuki started to worry, even though that was what he have been doing for the past few days. "Are you heading out?"

"Soraru-san. It's Soraru-san," Mafu grabbed a long, black cardigan out of the closet and slipped into it, picking up a pair of socks along his way. "I need to go see him," he put on the socks and went for the shoes next that were left at the doorway out of his house, not forgetting to take two umbrellas with him when he exited the house.

-

Amatsuki watched as his best friend ran out of the house to look for Soraru. "Kashitarou-san,"

He felt the man's warmth seep into his skin as he hugged him from behind. "Hmm?"

"Was there really a mark on Mafu-kun?"

Kashitarou tightened his arms around Amatsuki. He rested his head on his shoulder then kissed him on the neck, feeling Amatsuki squirm under him. "Yeah," he lifted his hand and pointed at where the mark on Mafu was, using Amatsuki as a model. The tip of his forefinger landed on his neck, right above a vein. "Right here,"

"What does the mark mean? And how did it look like?"

"Only the spirit who left it there knows the meaning to it, like how mine meant 'Promise' when I left it on you. Nobody else knows about this," Kashitarou pushed some of Amatsuki's locks away to reveal the back of his ear. There was where Kashitarou left a mark on Amatsuki, claiming that he was his. It was in the shape of a maple tree leaf. It looked like red at first sight but it was actually orangey yellow if it was observed carefully. "But the mark on Mafu-kun was a light pink cherry blossom flower, as expected from Soraru-san,"

"Then do you think Mafu-kun has a chance?"

Kashitarou sighed, fixing Amatsuki's hair back in place. "I'm afraid I don't know,"

TBC

A/N: This is still not the end of the series yet but allow me to thank you for reading this really long story that I've started! It became longer than I thought it would be, to the point I don't know when I would end this story of the two! I've already finished typing chapter 9 but there would still be editing to do, and as promised, there would be SoraMafu in the next. Have a nice day!