With You - Chapter 4

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

"It was you,"

Mafumafu looked up at the night sky, and let out a snort, white mist visible when he let his breath out into the cold air despite having a face mask on. He crossed his legs, placing his right leg on the other. He probably knew that Soraru noticed him when he was with the King. They were both pretty sharp on their senses after all.

Mafumafu only looked back down at Soraru after a while with narrowed eyes then quickly turned his head away, looking rather bothered.

"I thought you were going to leave together with your princess,"

Soraru walked closer towards the wall, where Mafumafu was, and stood below him. Not too close nor was he too far, just enough to look properly at Mafumafu. He seemed to be looking fine. He came in his usual attire, dressed exactly like how an assassin would, but Soraru hoped he was not here to cause any trouble tonight.

"I would," Soraru replied, not taking his eyes away from him.

Mafumafu looked down at Soraru upon hearing his answer. He cocked a brow at him, as if to question his presence here when he should be escorting the princess. Soraru smiled wryly up at him. He might be really good at combat, but he sure was dense when it came to things outside of that. It made Soraru want to know more about him.

"But you came,"

Mafumafu said nothing but looked away. Soraru couldn't see his facial expression very well, but he seemed to be slightly troubled by his answer by the looks of his reaction. Mafumafu leaned forward with his elbow on his knee, and allowed his head to rest on his palm as he muttered a quiet "I see," to himself.

"Mafumafu,"

"What?" Mafumafu glanced down at Soraru.

"Come down from there,"

He shook his head at Soraru as he pulled at his cloak a little. The wind blew strongly, and his hood fell to the back, revealing his silver white hair, the sight of it taking Soraru's breath away. He quickly reached back for his hood, and covered himself up again before Soraru could stare for any longer.

"... I'm comfortable here,"

"But it's cold,"

"It's fine,"

Soraru let out a sigh.

"Mafumafu,"

"... Stop that,"

Soraru paused for a moment, not really sure what he did wrong. He was only trying to get him to come down since it must be cold up there, surely this couldn't be the reason why Mafumafu was upset. Then what was it?

"Stop what?"

"... Stop calling my name,"

Mafumafu brought his legs up, and hugged them against his chest. Soraru watched as he rested his forehead on his knees before letting out a heavy sigh, sounding rather exhausted. He wanted him to stop calling his name, but it didn't seem possible since he was trying to get him down here by his side. Was he too persistent?

"Then come down to me already,"

"I said, I don't want to,"

The young lad was stubborn, but so was Soraru.

"Mafumafu,"

And being the merciless Soraru, he used whatever he had to do against this Mafumafu.