Sweets (One-shot)

Warning:

An AU one-shot. SURPRISE!

Younger Soraru x Older Mafumafu

Proceed if you're okay with it!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ 

Mafumafu was a student at a high school near the place he rented. As a student who lives by himself, it would be normal for him to be tight on cash, which was why he works part-time at a sweets shop on the days he did not have to go for classes. Mafumafu loved sweets. Just by being in a shop filled with sweets, he could feel happiness filling up inside of him, making him enjoy the time he spends at work every day.

"Mafu-kun, I'll be going out today with my friends," said the owner of the shop. She was an elegant, old lady, who always has this gentle smile that heals hearts, on her face at all times. "I might come back late so could you please look after the shop until then?" she picked up her tiny purse in her hands, and slipped it into her pocket.

"Of course!" said Mafu, turning his head towards the lady, also known as his employer. "Please take your time. I'll be here for however long you need me to!"

The old lady giggled happily at Mafu. "You're such a good boy, Mafu-kun. Thank you very much," she went into her room in the shop and brought out a box of sweets and handed them to Mafu. It was a box of high quality manjuu with azuki beans paste as its filling. Mafu stared at the box then back at his employer. "This is one of your favourites, right?"

"Are you sure, Shiori-san?" Mafu looked at the box again. It was indeed tempting to finish the whole box that instant but he pushed the box back into the old lady's hands. "These look really expensive, Shiori-san. You should have them instead of me,"

Shiori only shook her head. "Please have them, Mafu-kun. An old lady like me can no longer take in as many sweets as she could in the past," she passed it back to Mafu again. "Watching you eat sweets makes me happy, so eat up!"

Since she already put it that way, Mafu could only accept her gift to him. "Thank you, Shiori-san,"

"You're welcome! I'll be going now," she smiled at him, tipping her toes so she could pat Mafu on the head. "I will see you later then,"

Mafu nodded and watched her go until he could not see her shadow anymore then resumed to restocking sweets onto shelves after placing the box of manjuu down. Manjuu is one of Mafu's favourite traditional Japanese sweets. He was grinning a lot as he placed packets of sweets on a shelf, humming happily.

"I'll have them during my break," he said to no one in particular but himself and quickly finished his job.

After doing the finishing touches on his part of the job today, all that was left to do was to wait for Shiori to return. He grabbed the box of manjuu and sat down on the bench that was placed outside of the shop, where customers can sit and enjoy their sweets. Mafu was not supposed to be there, but Shiori mentioned that it was okay if the time was already passed 7 in the evening because there would usually not be any customers after that.

Mafu clapped his hands together and closed his eyes. "Thank you for the food," he said before opening the box. The manjuus were lined up neatly in it, and they seem to sparkle in Mafu's eyes. It had been a long time since he had one, after all. He picked one up carefully and took a bite out of it. Squeezing his eyes shut as he felt the sweetness of the manjuu overwhelm his mouth, Mafu covered his mouth to prevent himself from squealing.

Because of all the adrenaline running in him, he did not hear any footsteps coming closer to him so when he opened his eyes to find a middle schooled boy standing in front of him, Mafu almost fell off the bench. But thankfully, the boy held onto his hand and pulled before Mafu could fall to the back.

Mafu stared at him, and the boy did the same. None of them blinked until the boy opened his mouth. "You look so stupid when you eat sweets,"

Mafu could only gape at him with widened eyes, not knowing what to say. "How rude!" he said when he came back to his senses. "You're actually saying that to a person you just met for the first time?"

The boy sighed. He grabbed onto Mafu's face with both his hands and looked at him with his blue eyes that seem to shine when he looked at Mafu. "This is not our first encounter," was what he said and stopped Mafu from saying anything back at him.

Before Mafu knew it, he felt something soft against his lips. Something wet and strong was slipping into his mouth, and tangled with his tongue. It felt so surprisingly good, Mafu let out a moan against the boy's lips, be it in public or not. He dropped his box of manjuu and cupped the boy's hands with his. The kiss got deeper and deeper, not letting him have a chance to breathe. The boy broke the kiss then backed away a little to look at Mafu again, his face was flushed, but Mafu bet his was worse.

"Marry me," the boy proposed, pecking Mafu on the lips. "Let me be the one who gets to spend time with you, who gets to see all of those dumb expressions of yours. And most importantly, let me be the one who makes you smile like an idiot,"

He stuck his forehead against Mafu's. "Please?"

Mafu only pushed him away. "... Idiot, I'm older than you," he picked up the box, frowning as he thought that the manjuus went to waste. And he only got one bite out of everything in the box. "... I don't even know you..."

The boy got down to his knees and picked up the manjuus that were on the ground, then looked at Mafu again with his beautiful blue eyes that Mafu seemed to have took a liking of. "My name is Soraru. I just graduated from middle school, which also means that I'll be in high school by spring," he stood up and placed the manjuus in the box. "3 years. All you need to do is wait for me for 3 years," he slipped his hand into his back pocket and took out a piece of candy.

"Then I'll come back and proudly ask you again to marry me," he held Mafu's palms open and put the candy on it. Kissing him on the forehead, Soraru opened his mouth to declare, "Until then, I'll make you fall for me so hard you crave for me," and smirked naughtily at him.

Was this younger male really a middle schooler not long ago? Because that smile just literally sent Mafu's heart flying to heaven.

"Go away and never come back," Mafu stood up from the bench and walked back into the shop, closing the front doors. He cupped his reddened face and slid down as his legs gave away, leaning onto the door for support. Mafu then saw a paper slip in from under the door. He picked it up and it read:

I'll be back again tomorrow. I love you.

- Soraru

"That's not fair..." Mafu pouted. "I can't believe this is happening..." sighing, he touched his swollen lips with the tip of his fingers and looked at the candy Soraru gave him. Mafu did not mention it just now, but that sly being slipped in candy into his mouth when they were, *CLEARING THROAT*, kissing.

He's already making me fall all over him.

END

A/N: Happy 6K reads! Have some fluff, you amazing readers! *throws unicorn plushie at you* Have some cotton candy while you're at it! Thank you so much for supporting this book! Sparkles!