When I First Saw You - Chapter 8

Warning: This is an AU fanfiction. ABO. (Long)

May contain contents that are not very healthy.

If you're fine with it then please enjoy!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Mafu stared at Soraru, bewildered. Was there a misunderstanding here? He looked up at Luz then back at Soraru, not knowing what he should do. Then he gestured at Luz, deciding to introduce his friend to Soraru, thinking that it was the best decision at the moment.

"Soraru-san, this is Luz-kun. I've talked to you about him before if you remembered," Mafu said, being able to see the obvious change in Soraru. He was upset and Mafu knew the reason behind it. Their relationship was still not stable and strong, the only thing that could keep it standing now was the trust Soraru would be willing to put in him.

"We finally got to meet, Soraru-san," Luz nodded at him, offering a handshake. "I'm Luz,"

"Soraru," he said and reached out for Luz's hand, holding it in a firm grip. "Mafu told me a lot about you,"

Neither of them had the intention of letting go of each other's hands, and Mafu just couldn't simply ignore the fact that the both of them were exerting a lot of force in that one handshake. He squeezed in between them, and slapped both of their arms, telling them to back it off. The smiles on their faces were not the prettiest of the ones Mafu had seen. The both were visibly wary of each other.

"Mafu, let's go," Luz said, holding onto Mafu's wrist the moment he let go of Soraru's hand. "It's dangerous outside," he said, hinting Soraru by his statement as he led Mafu back into his house.

Or at least he tried to.

Soraru quickly held onto Mafu's other wrist, not letting Luz take Mafu away from him. Luz turned to look at Mafu and tugged gently at his wrist, urging him to come to him, glaring at Soraru from time to time. But Mafu stood at his feet. Both of them were important to him, he couldn't choose among them.

Soraru scowled at him, clearly annoyed at Luz's actions. Nevertheless, Soraru chose to let go. Mafu heard him let out a tired sigh filled with annoyance. He tilted his head to look at him. Soraru was smiling at him as if there was no help to it. His eyebrows were, however, slightly drawn together as he still feels unsettled with Luz.

But he still chose to back off, compromising with Mafu's feelings.

"Soraru-san..."

"Weren't you going somewhere?" he petted Mafu's hair, attempting to comfort him. "It's getting dark soon, you should go now," he said, pinching Mafu's left cheek lightly and then caressed it before he retrieved his hand. Mafu only gave a nod as a response.

"Excuse me for being rude," Soraru said, looking up at Luz as he did. "Please bring him back home safely," he then took a step back, and bent his body, bowing at Luz for the favor.

Luz, who was taken aback, not expecting an Alpha to bow before him, quickly apologized for his attitude just now and returned the bow. "Leave it to me. Let's go, Mafu-kun,"

Mafu turned his head to look at Soraru, not wanting to leave his side but with Luz leading him by the hand, he couldn't stay. When they reached the store, Mafu shuffled slowly to one of the shelves to get the things that he needed with Luz beside him. Thinking that he already got everything, he was ready to pay at the cashier until he saw something on a random shelf he passed by. It was something that Soraru wanted. He picked it up and stared at it for a moment before putting it into the shopping basket.