With You - Chapter 11

Warning: This is an AU fan fiction!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Months had passed since the incident. Soraru came back to the castle with his troops after that, together with Luz and Nqrse. The both of them were made to serve the castle, which wasn't what the two was expecting. They got the hang of things really quickly. Luz became the honest and loyal person he never was, working around the castle and helping out with whoever needs it.

Months had passed, and that was the amount of time Soraru spent at the training grounds with or without his guards, constantly indulged himself in training, even picking up archery which he had always disliked because he was bad at it. He stood with his body sideways, one foot back, and another forward, before he pulled at his arrow that was positioned on the string of his bow, and let go, watching the arrow hit the target at the far end of the field.

"Soraru-san, you're still here?"

Soraru lowered his bow, and turned around to look at Kashitarou. He lowered his eyes at his hands that were covered in callouses, and walked towards the rack to place the bow back at where it belonged.

"You've been performing better than ever, even the King says so," said Kashitarou as he walked up to Soraru, and looked at the arrow Soraru shot that hit the middle of the target. He whistled, amazed at the accuracy before he smiled sadly at his friend. "But you need to rest, Soraru-san,"

"If you're here to tell me to go back to my chamber then you're just wasting your time, Kashitarou,"

Kashitarou let out a laugh.

"Of course, knowing you, I knew you'd say that. But no," he smiled at Soraru, and picked up a wooden spear at the rack next to the bows. He pointed the spear at Soraru, standing in a combat stance. "No, I'm not here to tell you that,"

Soraru picked up a wooden sword, and let a smile spread across his face. Kashitarou swung the spear down at Soraru, and Soraru put his sword up to block the blow before he swiftly moves his sword, and pushed the spear away. They exchanged a few as Kashitarou continued talking to him.

"I've just received a letter from Amatsuki-kun earlier in the evening," Kashitarou said, stopping mid-sentence when Soraru slashed his sword down with a little too much strength. Kashitarou complimented him before he continued. "He told me he's going to come to the castle tomorrow morning,"

"That's nice. It has been a while since you saw him, hasn't it?" responded Soraru, sounding genuinely happy for his friend. He jumped backwards, keeping a slight distance away from his opponent, lowered his body, positioned himself to give Kashitarou a proper strike, and pushed himself forward, charging up at him.

"And he's bringing Mafu-kun with him, apparently," added Kashitarou.

Soraru, who was running up to Kashitarou, tripped forward upon hearing that. Kashitarou dropped his spear, and covered his mouth to stifle a laugh, except it really wasn't helping because he was instantly roaring with laughter in a few seconds.

"... Why are you telling me that now?" Soraru pushed himself up, and frowned at him before he sat on the ground with his legs crossed.

Kashitarou wiped a tear off the corner of his eyes, and went up to Soraru. He crouched so that he was at the same eye level as him, and grinned at him.

"It has been a while since you saw him too, hasn't it?"

Soraru rolled his eyes at him. It infuriated him, how Kashitarou used his words back at him, but it was true. The reason why he was always, and constantly here, keeping himself busy, was so that he could get him off of his mind. But it wasn't as bad as when he completely lost track of Mafumafu because he learnt that Kashitarou and Amatsuki wrote letters to each other very often, and the sly, sneaky fox had Amatsuki report to him about how Mafumafu was doing at times just so he could see Soraru like this.