I Already Have You - Chapter 5(Final)

Soraru had no idea where Mafu went. He could not catch up with Mafu because he was talking to Lon before he could. Lon's place was not far from theirs, and judging Mafu's stamina, he could only assume Mafu went home.

Or at least he hoped so.

He would not want Mafu to catch a cold just because he does not want to see Soraru at home and sit in a dark alley where he might face danger.

Soraru walked as fast as he could, taking long strides to do so. He wanted Mafu to give him a chance to explain, to apologise for always making him feel insecured. He wanted to see Mafu. As Soraru thought about his sentences, he reached the door to their home. He put his hand on the doorknob and pulled, as expected, it was unlocked.

He quickly entered, shut the door, took off his shoes, and walked towards the direction of their bedroom. The bedroom door was closed, he turned the doorknob.

Locked.

Soraru sighed. "Mafu?" he called out.

No reply.

"... Are you mad?" Soraru asked, careful with his words. He got a soft thud as a response. It was the sound of a pillow thrown to the door and landed on the ground. "... Mafumafu," he tried again. "Would you open the door for me...?"

Silence. Still no reply from Mafu. This is bad, thought Soraru.

"Okay, if you don't want to open the door then can you listen to me?" placing one palm on the door, he leaned his forehead against it and asked. He continued without waiting for Mafu's response. "Lon, I thought she was drunk. I couldn't leave her alone, it'll be a jerk of me if I did, and I'll hate myself for it but turns out she wasn't," Soraru paused for a bit, waiting to see if Mafu had anything to say but received nothing in respond. He took a deep breath and continued, "I didn't mean to get on her. She was just fooling around when she pulled me down with her on the bed. She told me just now that she knew you were there, and that she just wanted to give me a chance to talk to you,"

Another moment of silence. Soraru had no idea what else he could put in the most summarized way anymore. He opened his mouth, wanting to say something until he heard something shuffle towards the door.

Click.

The door was unlocked. He then heard Mafu's footsteps in the room. He pushed the door open, only to find Mafu all balled up on the bed in their blanket. Soraru slowly closed the door behind him, walked to the bed, and sat on the edge of it. He noticed how Mafu did not manage to cover the blankets over his head, his face buried in the sheets, so he reached out and placed his hand on Mafu's head. Soraru felt him flinch. He removed his hand immediately, thinking that Mafu did not want him to touch him anywhere.

But he could not bring himself not to. All this while, other than the things he wanted to say to him, all he could think of was that he wanted to touch him, to feel his body temperature seep into his skin.

Carefully, he placed his hand back on Mafu's head again and petted him gently. "Mafu?" he called out again, stretching his body forward to see if he would lift his face up and look at him.

Mafu did no such thing. Though he did say something with a muffled voice, his voice hoarser than usual. "Why did you choose to have dinner with her instead of me?"

"... That was because I had something I wanted to talk to her about," said Soraru. "About us," he added.

Upon this, Mafu finally lifted his face up to look at him. His eyes were all red and puffy, tears staining his cheeks. Still sitting on the edge of the bed, Soraru removed his hand from Mafu's head and moved to the side of it, on the bed, supporting his weight as he leaned his body closer to Mafu. He wanted to take a good look at him. Soraru felt a squeeze in his heart when he saw how swollen Mafu's eyes were. Mafu only stared back at him, confused at his previous sentence.