For You - Chapter 2

It was so cold to the point that he could feel his body beginning to numb but even so he tried his best taking long strides to the coffee shop he was asked to head to.

He was supposed to be at home, snuggling with his pets on the couch until he heard his phone's ringtone for notifications. Being careful just so he does not disturb his pets' sleep, he reached for his phone on the table. It was a message from Mafu.

'Could you please come to that usual place? I'll be waiting,' was the content of it. He did not know what happen and usually people would just ignore or reject them because it was really cold outside, but knowing Mafu for a long time and judging from his message, he knew something bad has happened and Mafu was not taking it in too well.

Amatsuki carried both Rua and Rin in his arm from his lap and placed them back on the ground. He immediately went into his room to get his coat and his knitted beanie, wore them and headed out.

When he reached the entrance of the shop, he pushed the door open, he saw his friend at the corner of the room, a cup of untouched Long Black on the table. Seeing him in that state broke Amatsuki's heart. Even though this happens all the time but with unexplained words, it just seemed different this time.

"Mafu-kun? What's wrong?" he asked, as he pulled the chair out and sat across Mafu.

Mafu flinched and lifted his face slowly to look at Amatsuki. He sighed in relief, he really did come. He was wondering what he would do if Amatsuki never did appear. "Amatsuki-kun..." he said, feeling the tears welling up in his eyes again after seeing that his friend was here for him.

"Whoa, wait, Mafu-kun! Don't cry!" Amatsuki, clearly taken aback, reached for his backpack and took a packet of tissue out from it. He pulled one out from the packet and wiped the tears that were already falling for Mafu, repeatedly apologising as he did. "You've held back for a while now, haven't you? Mafu-kun is a good boy," he complimented, smiling, still dapping the tissue lightly at Mafu's eyes, his voice was gentle and soothing, making Mafu cry harder.

Even though it was not Amatsuki's fault, Mafu thought, he knew he was causing him a lot of trouble but he could not help it. Other than that person, Amatsuki was the other person who he could rely on. Amatsuki handed Mafu the tissue and gently rubbed his head, calming him down.

After all that ended, Mafu finally told Amatsuki what had happen.

"You guys broke up? Why?"

"I don't know, he wouldn't tell me," Mafu answered, wiping his nose with the tissue.

Amatsuki sat back in his chair. He was thinking really hard. This isn't like Amatsuki-kun, to actually use his brain to think, Mafu thought. He started frowning then looked back at Mafu.

"Mafu-kun, it's going to be okay," he said.

How was this going to be okay, Mafu had no idea. "Huh?" was what he managed to get out from his mouth.

"What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't give up,"

But it was him he wanted to end this relationship. "Why?"

"Soraru-san is definitely not the type who would break things off without reasons," he leaned onto the table. "You should be the one who knows him best, you know it,"

He was right. Which was why he had been asking himself 'why' for the past few hours. He needed the answer to that question or he would start feeling like he would break. Mafu remained silent for a long period of time.

"If you really want the answer, go and ask him for yourself," Amatsuki suggested, breaking the silence.

But we just broke up a few moments ago.

"It's not like you can't talk to him even after you just broke up,"

"Amatsuki-kun, I'm starting to think if you could actually read minds,"

Amatsuki rolled his eyes at Mafu. "Just go for it,"

"But Amatsuki-kun, what if he just actually found someone else and he doesn't need me anymore?" the feeling of not being needed scares Mafu. "I don't think I can handle that..." he said as he lowered his head.

He heard a sigh from across the table. "It's going to be okay,"